Surfeit of S/Power, F/Frzr wiring system wont allow 12v consumption?! Help please. (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We're currently in Cadiz region, Southern Spain,,, ten hours of full sunshine per day & average temperatures of 22/30 degrees, we're planning on being in this part of the world for the next 4/5 months (weather been like this, 90%, for last five weeks!) (honestly,,, all you nice folks in the UK,,, not trying to pizz ya all off,,, this IS a genuine call for help,,, but, obviously, not an emergency)...

We've got a 2011 Autotrail Scout. Previous owner had a 80w S/P fitted wired via the Sargent controller.
I've fitted an additional 120w S/panel wired directly to the L/batteries (2x110ah) via a separate controller.

So,,, we've got more S/Energy than a feckin proverbial stick could be shook at,?!!!,,,,,,,,,,, trouble is,,, the wiring/control on this beast wont allow the Dometic f/freezer to run on 12v,?!,,,,,,,, no matter HOW much S/P is available,?!,,,,,,
but,,,
and this is TRULY unfathomable, and, MORE than a tad HOLLY irritating,?!!! the wiring/control WILL allow the Dometic f/freezer to run on 12v,?! (when manually selected to do so),,, but doesn't warn the "operator" that, selecting the 12v option, will FLATTEN the VEHICLE battery before the "operator" can say,,, "furk mee Borr, the feckin engine battery's FLAT,?!!!"... and,,, it DOESN'T end there,,, the "operator" could spend an idle afternoon reading the blurb in the "operators manual" without finding a BOLD PRINT warning,
saying,,, DONT,! manually switch the Dometic F/F to 12v, or,,, YOU'LL FLATTEN THE VEHICLE BATTERY,!!!.............

Fek mee Borr, I woz edokatud in Narfuk but even I kud'av dun bedder'un that,?!!!

So, dear readers,,, assuming there are some?,,,
my question is this,,,
how easy/difficult would it be for me to connect my 2x110ah batteries, (supplied by copious amounts of S/P) to my Dometic (full size) F/Freezer?

Your (helpful) comments would be much appreciated,,, your not so helpful comments will no doubt be read with a smile...

Best regards from James & Angie, dunear in Lovely Southern Spain. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back