Suitcase satellite system in Netherlands (1 Viewer)

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Will i pick up ITV4 on a Lidl Suitcase set up while in the Netherlands?

Im there in July and would like to see the Tour de France highlights each night!

Though i hope my TV aerial on top of the MH will pick up Dutch terrestrial?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I would think not ..

looking at the Astra 2D footprint you would need at least a 60cm dish

0_astra_2D_H.jpg

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Netherlands is outside the published footprint for the narrow-beam BBC and ITV services, but these tend to be very conservative so it is worth a try.

AFAIK all Netherlands terrestrial TV is now DVB-T (digital), and is not a widely used service (much of the country takes cable).

A UK digibox/digitv MIGHT receive it, but the free-to-air national channels are transmitted by a commercial operator, along with pay channels, and it appears that special equipment MAY be required.

Whatever, I would have thought you could get a Free-to-Air sports channel on one of the other satellites with TDF on it.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to comment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you aint bothered about commentary then watch it on any euro channel on any sat service available.

after all...it is the TOUR DE FRANCE.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
If you are not bothered about the language then you will be able to watch it on normal TV in the Netherlands. The Dutch will have the full race on the TV. They will also have highlights on as well. They are mad for cycling and the Tour is King over there.

Sonja

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
If you are not bothered about the language then you will be able to watch it on normal TV in the Netherlands. The Dutch will have the full race on the TV. They will also have highlights on as well. They are mad for cycling and the Tour is King over there.

My family over there watch the BBC news and Eastenders and Corrie. Must be mad..:ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We have the normal oval Astra dish on the house in Almere.
We recieve all Astra channels without problem,BBC and ITV.

OP
OP
D

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for the replies guys,

No the language really isnt an issue - just seeing a 1hr highlights show each night would be great, whatever channel it is on.

I wonder whether i may be able to pick up Eurosport FTA on the German 19e satellite on such a small dish.

If not, i should hopefully get a terrestrial dutch channel showing highlights using my regular motorhome aerial and freeview tv.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back