Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Not on my van, it's my friend.
Park the van a week and tge stop start won't work. Fiat garage say battery is OK. I personally think a new battery will sort it, as they still gad the issue drivingnlong distances to France.
If you have stop start, will yours work after parking for a week?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Yes it does no problem, but it’s not just the initial battery condition that will prevent the start/stop from operating. Even with a fully charged battery it sometimes will not work when there is a high drain on the system, and that could range from the lighting and heating in winter to aircon and ICE in summer.

Having said that the vehicle battery on my 2022 Ducato appears to be pretty robust and the start/stop does operate in most instances, but a previous VW with their BlueMotion version was noticeably affected when the battery was knocking on a bit. So maybe the battery is on the way out - how old is the unit?

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Our 2021 van no longer does stop start. Was fine to begin with. After about a year realised it wasn’t anymore. Was going to mention it when went for service, but worked just before so dint bother. Hasn’t worked for a while though. When we leave our house we reach a particular set of traffic lights within 5 minutes of setting off. It always used to do start stop there if lights were red, which they usually were. It no longer!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
First thing I do in my van after starting is disable the stop/start, it must put a strain on the starter motor even though its supposed to be a heavier duty one and supposed to cope. Besides which I just don't like the engine stopping every time the van comes to a standstill,
And even worse is when it does it after a run on the motorway etc at the lights on the slip road, turbo will still be spinning at unbelievable revs when the oil supply gets cut off.
Stupid idea to get emissions numbers down at the expense of engine wear and tear. Literally Snake oil without the oil.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
engine temperature can prevent stop start if they are low as can Aircon if turned on.
I turn stop start off as part of my starting routine.
Ign on.
Stop start off.
Electric park brake off.
Auto brake hold on.
Clutch down and start.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Can’t get used to the stop/start function. If I forget to turn it off, when it works I automatically restart by using the clutch and turn the ignition key. Don’t know who’s more confused- me or the starter motor🙄
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back