Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just been reading the thread about a possibly dodgy van and checking VIN plates, log books etc....

How many Funsters have actually had a motorhome stolen, or know personally someone who has their van pinched in UK?:Eeek:

I know of none personally, but then I don't get out much.:cry:

Be interesting to see the stats. My fully comp insurance, (in a higher risk post code area for car insurance, for a van valued at 30k+), is just over £200 a year with the CC, and I got 6 points at the moment:Blush:.

Does that suggest they do not think it is going to be stolen?

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
We had a Caravan stolen from outside out house quite a while ago now, the police said it was because it was big, Had toilet & Shower, fully equipped.

Horrid feeling and very upsetting.:cry:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We had our very first van a Kontiki stolen from outside our house before we had even had a chance to use it.

It was found 18months later in Southern Ireland.

We had already been fully paid out by Safeguard.

Its not very nice a week after the motorhome was stolen my Husbands works van was stolen. They got into our house to get the keys. However as it had a tracker on it it was recovered the next day and the kids who pinched it got away (as hubby says) with a slap on the wrist. Trouble was they used my Husbands van to pinch two motorbikes from some of the travelling community who live two roads away.:Doh:

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back