Spanish Residency Question (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
As per my recent reply......

I am getting a bot Envious of these folk obtaining an Irish passport.

I flew back from Alicante on Friday. Young lad to my right was getting an Irish passport as his mother was Irish.

Guy to the left of me was an off duty Pilot for easyjet. He had been on a day trip to Alicante as part of his application for Residency. He was switching to seasonal work and his wife was Spanish. I am not sure how that works.

So, if the Pilot is married to a Spanish Lady, can he obtain residency or?

Does he have to Apply for an NLV. BUT ! as his income will be from outside of Spain and that he will be mostly flying out and back in on the same day, the 10 month absence in 5 years may not get used up ?

Very Confusing, not that I will be looking for a Job as a Pilot, too old to train .

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I'm glad I got mine 7 years ago ;)
I bet you are !

Yes, I wish we had now.

We bought our house in March 2016, then the shit hit the fan. That and the Big Fire in August

But one of the rules at the time made it too restrictive for us. As I understand it, the European Court made Spain remove that rule for transition applicants.

Now, we would have to take the NLV route that would not work for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
In the UK you have to have an income over a certain threshold to be allowed your spouse to enter.
Think that's only if you are foreign. The pilots wife is Spanish as I understand it.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A lot of the ones getting Irish passports voted .............. 😡

If you are married or in a civil partnership with an EU country citizen you have the same rights to travel with them and if you want to get residency in Spain then that's so much easier. No visa required.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
A lot of the ones getting Irish passports voted .............. 😡

If you are married or in a civil partnership with an EU country citizen you have the same rights to travel with them and if you want to get residency in Spain then that's so much easier. No visa required.
Thanks for the confirmation !

Well I am not in a Position to get a Spanish Bride !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So, if the Pilot is married to a Spanish Lady, can he obtain residency or?
Yes
Pilots Wife, Spanish.

Pilot re-locating to Spain with his wife and children

Transferring base to easyjet alicante
Basically a formality. It will be harder doing the 'family book' for the children if the wife hasn't already ensured they have one from the outset when they were born.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Yes

Basically a formality. It will be harder doing the 'family book' for the children if the wife hasn't already ensured they have one from the outset when they were born.
I have read so much of the rules and stipulations on NLV. I just get bogged down with it all.

Frustrating as a 6 month stay per 12 month would be perfect for us.

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I have read so much of the rules and stipulations on NLV. I just get bogged down with it all.

Frustrating as a 6 month stay per 12 month would be perfect for us.
I must confess we have a 5 year working residency ( two years still to go) though we don't work, but if its not extended at the end then I wont cry too much....we tend to stay in Europe as we have a very old dog but when she goes on to a better place then we'll look at spending 6 months in all the various far east countries where living is so much cheaper (except for japan).......its a big world! 6 months in Vietnam then 6 in Japan then 6 in Korea ( though I've already lived there for two years) then 6 in Malaysia etc etc etc....and if somewhere wont give you 6 months then its their loss and move on....!

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I must confess we have a 5 year working residency ( two years still to go) though we don't work, but if its not extended at the end then I wont cry too much....we tend to stay in Europe as we have a very old dog but when she goes on to a better place then we'll look at spending 6 months in all the various far east countries where living is so much cheaper (except for japan).......its a big world! 6 months in Vietnam then 6 in Japan then 6 in Korea ( though I've already lived there for two years) then 6 in Malaysia etc etc etc....and if somewhere wont give you 6 months then its their loss and move on....!
Interesting life you have ?

May I ask how you obtained the work Visa please?

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
It was very simple....you just had to apply for residency prior to December 31 2020 and it was automatic as per the EU rules....just as it would have been at any time we were in the EU as technically I think we still were......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back