Spain - Be On The Lookout !!! (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
In our part of Spain at least, (Andalucia), the Orange coloured signs pictured below are popping up everywhere. They are always attached to speed limit signs and give warning of mobile speed traps over the distance indicated on the signs.
Locally we are aware of much more traps than before and particulary as we approach the festive season.

Worth mentioning that the Guardia Civil started their Christmas crackdown this week, their slogan.......

AT THE WHEEL, NOT A DROP OF ALCOHOL!!

Be warned. Be on the lookout!

20161215_110808.jpg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
In our part of Spain at least, (Andalucia), the Orange coloured signs pictured below are popping up everywhere. They are always attached to speed limit signs and give warning of mobile speed traps over the distance indicated on the signs.
Locally we are aware of much more traps than before and particulary as we approach the festive season.

Worth mentioning that the Guardia Civil started their Christmas crackdown this week, their slogan.......

View attachment 137501
I think they are absolutly right to crack down on these speeding and drunken tractor drivers ... it's so dangerous ploughing at speeds over 100KPH:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Would be nice to be able to travel at 100 MPH here. Lucks Dago's. :xThumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That's kilometres per hour on photo.... about 60mph.

Bryan
Sorry. I dont do kille.......er........kilmot.........er Foreign stuff. If it's not in MPH, then forget it. I mean, we invented the damned sign. :xThumb:

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Saw two sets of alcohol stop-checks here on the Costa Blanca roads over the past couple of days...both in the morning. One on main "N" road, and one in a local town.
Good to see. remember that the limit in Spain is 50mg compared to the 80mg in England. You really really don't want to spend any time in a Spanish Police or prison cell. Really you don't.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sorry. I dont do kille.......er........kilmot.........er Foreign stuff. If it's not in MPH, then forget it. I mean, we invented the damned sign. :xThumb:

Bet you fill your van with litres of fuel,,,,BUSBY,,:xgrin::xgrin:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Saw two sets of alcohol stop-checks here on the Costa Blanca roads over the past couple of days...both in the morning. One on main "N" road, and one in a local town.
Good to see. remember that the limit in Spain is 50mg compared to the 80mg in England. You really really don't want to spend any time in a Spanish Police or prison cell. Really you don't.

And a gentle reminder to all as we approach the Festive Season - it's 50mg \ 100ml of blood in Scotland!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& it's only 30mg per 100mg of blood if holding a licence less than 2 years or are a professional driver.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004

View attachment 137501
Is that warning for the duration of 22 kilometres of road ahead or is that warning that there is a radar 22 kilometres ahead?

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Is that warning for the duration of 22 kilometres of road ahead or is that warning that there is a radar 22 kilometres ahead?

The sign warns of the possibility of "traps " on any part of the road for next 22.3 km.

Bryan

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
It's a warning that on the next 22 kms of road mobile radar speed controls are often in place. The Guardia Trafico have used accident data to establish highest risk sections of roads and are now focusing their speeding control resources in those areas.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Given that the topic of this thread is speeding related, I am posting again an article from a few months ago. Follow the link and scroll down to the chart showing relative speeds for various vehicles on all Spanish roads.

Remember that roadside speed signs may not apply to us when in our motorhomes...... maximum speeds depends very much on weight and may be substantially less than posted sign.

Unlikely that "fixed" speed cameras will make weight distinctions but a GC officer manning a roadside trap probably will !

Follow link

Bryan

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Bet you fill your van with litres of fuel,,,,BUSBY,,:xgrin::xgrin:
Seriously, I don't. I always either fill right up, or add fuel in multiples of £10.00. Haven't bought fuel by liquid quantity since they took the gallon outside, and sacrificed it on the alter of the EEC.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
I am not condoning drink driving but if you are caught abroad are you automatically banned in the U.K. Or only in the country caught. IF the limit is lower than here does that have a bearing. I got caught speeding by camera in Australia last year driving somebody else's car , I accepted and paid the fine but as a foreign license holder the 3 points were cancelled

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Indeed Gus it is, but that's for Spanish driving licence holders, not I believe for holders of a UK or other external country licence visiting Spain.
Yes they probably wouldn't even be looking at it in that respect.

It's a warning that on the next 22 kms of road mobile radar speed controls are often in place. The Guardia Trafico have used accident data to establish highest risk sections of roads and are now focusing their speeding control resources in those areas.
Unlike the UK where they are placed to generate revenue.:xgrin:

I am not condoning drink driving but if you are caught abroad are you automatically banned in the U.K. Or only in the country caught. IF the limit is lower than here does that have a bearing. I got caught speeding by camera in Australia last year driving somebody else's car , I accepted and paid the fine but as a foreign license holder the 3 points were cancelled
No,it does not apply.You are only banned in the country you were prosecuted in at the moment.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010