Some help for a relative Newbie

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Neil Timms, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Neil Timms

Neil Timms Read Only Funster

I have a Hymer MH with concertina window blinds to the side and front. These are guided by a steel rail which appears to be fixed to the side of the van with a metal disc through which comes a screw which is attached to the rail. Some hamfisted twit i.e. me has leaned on the rail and sprung it off the screw thread. Easy. New Screw and off we go ! Ah. but how is the metal disc through which the screw comes fixed to the van? Does it pop off or screw off or what? Did they build the van around it ? Can anyone help.

2. Terry

Terry Funster

:eek:They will be Remis blinds -You can get after market fit -only ones I have had dealing with were screwed into the head lining where the screws had pulled out:eek: try a you tube search there are a few vids on showing how to fit them (y)
    terry

3. Neil Timms

Neil Timms Read Only Funster

Thanks for your help friends. I have found the solution. The "metal disk" in fact simply pops off revealing two screws holding a base plate in place. Despite the advice of hte MH Dealer to be very careful because they break easily I found that in fact they were flexible plastic disks and not metal at all. Turned out to be a 5 minute job.

• Like Like x 2