Shurflow replaced submersible pump … (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adamo
IMG_7635.jpeg

OP
OP
2SGBRB
Aug 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adamo
I have replaced whale submersible pump with a shurflow. Everything is working fine. However my control panel shows pump running. I have bypassed the pressure switch ( see photos) do I need to do something with the pressure switch wires…. Any assistance please…. So chuffed that I managed this by myself… Baileys Motorhome

Upvote 0
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I have replaced whale submersible pump with a shurflow. Everything is working fine. However my control panel shows pump running. I have bypassed the pressure switch ( see photos) do I need to do something with the pressure switch wires…. Any assistance please…. So chuffed that I managed this by myself… Baileys Motorhome
Watching for replies to this before l start to replace the same

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Shurflo pumps have a pressure switch built in, we have been thinking about doing the same, and also have whale system. 🤔 I think Lenny HB has done it. 😁 Bob.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
On my sureflo the red from the motor top connects to the top spade at the pump. The pump running light is fed from the bottom spade connector on the pump. Is yours the same?

20230813_200428.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Shurflo pumps have a pressure switch built in, we have been thinking about doing the same, and also have whale system. 🤔 I think Lenny HB has done it. 😁 Bob.
I replaced a Reich Submersible pump on my Hymer with a Shureflo, no existing pressure switch.

Strange control panel that shows the pump is running only Bailey could come up with that. I suppose it's a caravan control panel & the pump would be in a bucket outside. :rofl:

Disconnect the wires from the switch if that doesn't work connect he two wires together.

Upvote 0
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
That solenoid is probably to do with the silly Whale filling system.
Think so, l've never used the Whale in 8 years since l had the van.
I'm just trying to understand which pipe(s) section flows and where l intervene with the new pump if that makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Me again sorry -
Re:fitting a replacement Sureflow pump (AS Kingham)
Regarding the two electric cables from pump to---power and negative-
The red power cable, can I use the now redundant pressure switch cable and connect to the red/live wire from the new pump. If so will l also need an inline fuse holder?
Regarding the black negative cable from the new pump, can l fix it to the metal frame of the nearby bench seat or do l have to run that to the battery negative?

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Me again sorry -
Re:fitting a replacement Sureflow pump (AS Kingham)
Regarding the two electric cables from pump to---power and negative-
The red power cable, can I use the now redundant pressure switch cable and connect to the red/live wire from the new pump. If so will l also need an inline fuse holder?
Regarding the black negative cable from the new pump, can l fix it to the metal frame of the nearby bench seat or do l have to run that to the battery negative?
Should be fused in your distribution unit.
As long as the seat base is a good earth it should be OK connecting the negative to that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back