shower base & soft floor (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Hi... motorhome is now back after a long trip requiring some TLC.
The shower base is still an issue. It all started with small hairline cracks around the plug hole then hairline cracks appeared further afield. I painted it with two part marine expoxy paint which worked fine for a short time, then I fibre glassed it which worked fine again for a short while before peeling off then finally whilst away this trip for a stop gap measure I tried expoxy putty which held for a while then started coming away. What is the best DIY solution ?
Secondly the floor at the door entrance is getting slightly soft which maybe due to water ingress percolating from the iffy shower plug hole. I understand there is some solution or chemical mix you can inject into the softy bits once thoroughly dried out, has anyone heard of this or any the solutions.
Many thanks in advance..
atb

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If my memory Serves me right I think there was a thread on here about delamination and injecting an epoxy resin into the areas affected you'll need to search the older threads.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have only done one and was in a right state, it had raised areas that had all cracked so we cut them out and levelled over with a mix of epoxy laminating resin and filler, after that had cured I skinned the whole area with a lightweight glass cloth and epoxy, again after curing a good scuff back and flow coated it with a polyester gel coat with a little filler and MW solution to make the Gel cure without being tacky. Re-fit the plug hole and job done. Sound easy but you need the gear, if you had to go and buy all the gear it would most likely be cheaper to get on of the companies that advertise to do it.

You need to use the epoxy first as basic fibreglass which is polyester resin will just come away, as you found.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back