Short term summer storage tips! (1 Viewer)

SophieAM

Free Member
May 20, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All,

We finally got sorted and picked up our new (to us) Burstner motorhome Saturday morning and had to go away for the night straight away!
So far, so good and everything worked perfectly!

We were very sad to leave our new vehicle at the storage site and were wondering if you have any short term storage tips?

If we are leaving the van for the week in summer should we empty all the fresh water or leave it in?

Any other tips for short term summer storage?

Many Thanks
biggrin.gif

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Sophie and welcome. I always drain the water if the van is being left for moer than 3 days, only because I had a nasty experience when we got our first van, not draining down the tank or cleaning it. It just never occurred to me but1 I thought I was going to die.

I always leave anything in the van that we can if we are going away again within a short space of time. Happy travels. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
be careful

Be careful if you leave the motor home locked up with the windows and vents shut.. you may find it gets very hot if it is outside storage. also if it is outside and strong sun you could soon bleach the interior...

We used to store an RV on a farm a few years back... we used to disconnect the power at the switch ... but that meant the alarm was not working.

Make sure the fridge has a wedge in between the door and the frame to keep air moving about.

Bob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back