Self levelling auto system (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
A German in his motorhome just pulled up on the pitch next to me, he got out, got a few blocks of wood from his garage, place them on the sand under vehicle, pressed his key fob and electronic leg systems came down, then hydraulic rams emerged lifting the motorhome to a level status. He had a Ducato cab but don't know what Chassis, but it looked impressive, I am one for gadgets so had a chat, the system is made by www.linnepe.eu and cost €3,500 :Eeek: he told me it lifts all wheels to a max of 4mm from the ground, but he never goes that high as a friend of his was in Croatia earlier this year and woke up to find all wheels gone :Eeek: Stolen :Eeek: they can lift independently to change tyres!

I thought about it for a milli second then decided to keep my Fiamma ramps :ROFLMAO:

So has anyone got them, I did consider it when I bought the van but was told they could not fit on my Swift 645, but apparently this system will :winky:

Still a lot of money, what does it matter if you get a bit to much blood in your head for a night or 32 anyway :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
And the weight of this toy ... do you have any payload left ?

If you want all the toys and gizzmos treat yourself to a US built A class motorhome..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My wifes late cousin designed such a system about 30 years ago,he was an aeronautical engineer,he did patent it,I wonder if this is based on his design. I saw the prototype in action on his Bedford Autosleeper when I had my VeeDub.
London taxis did have a system of built in jacks also.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I found a version on a 1950'ish Austin hearse, hydraulic rams on each corner.
Its easy enough to sort. You need four rams, attached to something very substantial (chassis), you need a hydraulic reservoir, a pump (possibly steering pump) a small valve block, and associated piping. A good DIY'er, could do it for a few hundred quid, not a lot different to plumbing in a hydraulic winch...just at the end are four rams instead of a winch. As said, it will, add to payload.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back