Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
New to this, so please bear with our novice questions!

Want to stop stuff moving around in the top lockers. I'm sure some genius has already come up with a solution involving ice cream tubs, polystyrene and sticky tape :thumb:

I have some of that matting which stops things rolling around

Ta!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have four top lockers in our kitchen area which contain stuff prone to rattling around ::bigsmile:Bottles,jars,mugs,small utensils etc.
We carry 4 very large bath towels and have devised a way of folding them so that they can be put in these lockers before closing the curved doors.Two problems solved in one go :thumb: The lockers don't rattle as we drive,and the towels have a storage place ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We also use the matting, but the boss has cut a load of it into sections, and puts a piece in between each plate and bowl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I use Ikea Skubb storage boxes come in packs of 6 there are 2 large 2medium and 2 small they fold flat when not in use. Come in three colours :Smile:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Link Removed with secure lids are useful for a number of items. The 10L square one is just right for the Double Skillet and the 7L square one holds our Luminarc plates and dishes securely with the help of some towels.

We also use some Really Useful boxes of different sizes and Broken Link Removed where a lid is not needed.

Upvote 0

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I use bubble wrap for the pans, sitting on of non slip matting, the pots are in their dedicated holders, with cardboard plates in between the plates,

. I have round tins, one for biscuits another one for treats and the other one for the dogs bonios, to stop them knocking together, I cut 4 ski socks in half, on two of them I sewed up one end, the other two just needed the edge hemming, then slip over the tins, no noise, easy to get on and off.( I don`t go sking any more. :ROFLMAO:) cutlery trays, I cover with teatowels,

The mirror doors in the shower room, I have small pieces of the non slip matting wedged between the mirrors. I have non slip matting in the bottom of all my cupboards, the heavy duty one, not the thin one that is neither use nor ornament,

I think it is a case of trial and error.

On my glass cooker top I have the heavy duty non slip matting, apart from it saves the glass getting scratched, I have flowers in a small vase, not glass , sitting on the top and it never moves, even going over large speed humps. I left it there by mistake when I went shopping the other day, as it didn`t move I have left it there.

Margaret

Last edited:
Upvote 0

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Paper plates plastic disposable mugs and plastic knives & forks don't rattle
Sorry could not resist it
Suppose it all depends on what's in the lockers, we have the non slip matting, bubble wrap etc etc but for things like iPad charges ,torches and the like we bought some cheep plastic baskets which fit the lockers from various £ shops and just lift them out and in no rattles and nothing falls out

Upvote 0

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
A few thoughts based on my experience...

Tinned food/glass jars in high level cupboards - however well padded/packed, WILL fall out and break the glass cover on your hob/dent your worktop/table - if needs must, put them inside a plastic box

Lidded, plastic boxes keep packets of dry foodstuffs airtight and reduce the chance of spillage once opened, good for keeping small items up together - also fewer items to move about in the cupboard

Plastic boxes pack more efficiently than loose items in the fridge too and are less likely to fall out on arrival

The more 'stuff' in the cupboards, the less it will move about - you will soon get used to the normal rattles and 'hear' when the cupboard is not packed properly

Anti-slip matting/velcro strips/spots have numerous uses and are readily available for only a few pence, a couple of bungies are handy too

Wrapping the grill pan/oven shelf/pots & pans with tea-towels and a sheet of kitchen roll between plates will stop them rattling - the tea towels/kitchen roll will be used anyway

:thumb:

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We use plastic mats to minimise sliding and spring loaded curtain rods across inside to stop stuff falling out when doors are opened after traveling
Lessons learnt after dinting table top with a tin falling on it

Upvote 0

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I always put tinned stuff low down, in my ns under settee in a plastic basket, safer, I also broke a kitchen worktop when opening a caravan overhead cupboard and a tin fell out on to it, :Doh:an expensive mistake.so low down now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back