Searching for a good Hymer (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Taunton, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking for A class
Exp
Hello folks - I wonder can you help us?
We are a middle-aged couple loving in Taunton and we're on the lookout for a Twin wheel or Tag Axle A class Hymer.
A search of the usual places Motorhomedepot, eBay etc doesn't provide a lot of good examples so thought I would ask here.
Ideally we're looking at a Starline 700 or similar. It's just the two of us but we'd prefer a fixed bed in the back so a pull down front bed isn't always necessary. Ideally it would be LHD, Automatic, 3.0 bit will consider everything. Our plan is to tour Europe year-round so a fully winterised van is a must.
Both of us have C1 licences and preference is for 3,500kg+ vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ultan

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
If your on Facebook there are several Hymer only selling sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
Try Oaktree Motorhomes in Notts, they seem to have a few in

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I along with many others on here are very envious of your Irish Passport that you must have to allow full time travel in Europe, we have to make do with 90 days in 180:(
You seem to know your stuff concerning MH's your desired spec is quite rare I would imagine, especially in The UK, but all the better for travelling abroad.(y)

Try Alan Kerr motorhomes in Paignton, they have a good rep on here.
Simon (ex Alan Kerr) has set his own new business up down that way also, he is desperately seeking new stock, he only opened his new showrooms a week ago, but he will know where to look for most used motorhomes, others on here will give you a link to him that I cannot remember just now.

Have you thought about purchasing abroad? Broken Link Removed is a well used resource for many of us to see what's available. I know Importing involves DVLA registration,& docs, plus MOT maybe, but there are many members on here that will help with advice should you need any.

Good luck with your search, keep us posted on how you get on.
LES

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have a Hymer Starline b690 S, so the top of the range model on the Mercedes-Benz 3L auto.

Ended up with it for a short term plan as my Carthago caught fire. But, we love it, they are a great van.. I've had to do a few repairs to it, so check the windows at the front for any misting as it's an expensive repair.
Air suspension, levellers, Air con, WiFi, brand new alarm, 5.5t loads of payload it's amazing..

Get one if you can find one

20230721_192111.jpg

Feb 27, 2018
Monforte del Cid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 463
Exp
Not enough
I have a Hymer Starline b690 S, so the top of the range model on the Mercedes-Benz 3L auto.

Ended up with it for a short term plan as my Carthago caught fire. But, we love it, they are a great van.. I've had to do a few repairs to it, so check the windows at the front for any misting as it's an expensive repair.
Air suspension, levellers, Air con, WiFi, brand new alarm, 5.5t loads of payload it's amazing..

Get one if you can find one

View attachment 785555
What’s that on the roof ?

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Try Alan Kerr motorhomes in Paignton, they have a good rep on here.
Simon (ex Alan Kerr) has set his own new business up down that way also, he is desperately seeking new stock, he only opened his new showrooms a week ago, but he will know where to look for most used motorhomes, others on here will give you a link to him that I cannot remember just now.

www.selectmotorhomes.co.uk

This is the link to Simons website for his new dealership. His showroom is not a million miles away from you. Simon is a well trusted and knowledgeable dealer, if he can help you I know he will do his best to do so.
You can also PM him via this forum Simon Select

OP
OP
WildeCamping
Oct 5, 2012
Taunton, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking for A class
Exp
Thank you all for your suggestions......am in contact with 2 people of Facebook and hopefully looking at their MHs early nx week - so fingers crossed. Thanks again folks - very helpful,đź‘Ť

Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
Hello folks - I wonder can you help us?
We are a middle-aged couple loving in Taunton and we're on the lookout for a Twin wheel or Tag Axle A class Hymer.
A search of the usual places Motorhomedepot, eBay etc doesn't provide a lot of good examples so thought I would ask here.
Ideally we're looking at a Starline 700 or similar. It's just the two of us but we'd prefer a fixed bed in the back so a pull down front bed isn't always necessary. Ideally it would be LHD, Automatic, 3.0 bit will consider everything. Our plan is to tour Europe year-round so a fully winterised van is a must.
Both of us have C1 licences and preference is for 3,500kg+ vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ultan
Hi did you get sorted with a good Hymer?

I have a friend selling an Hymer Starline 700 2005 model with circa 22000 miles, in very good condition.

It is RHD but a very nice MH

please let me know if it is of interest.

OP
OP
WildeCamping
Oct 5, 2012
Taunton, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking for A class
Exp
Hello - thanks a million for the reply - totally forgot to update MHF - sorry about that - we've put a deposit down on a 2012 LHD Niemann & Bischoff late last week......thanks again - it's appreciated (y)(y)(y)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
OK many thanks, all the best with the new van.
You could always add it in the classifieds and add you're selling for a friend? I'm sure it's allowed?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back