Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
I would like to carry a scooter in the garage of my m/h, the weight limit of the garage is approx 150kg, can anyone give me advice on (a) the lightest scooters of 125cc and also racks/carrying systems that will fit inside the garrage. any other help/info ect will be most appreciated
T

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Ive got a gilera runner 125cc four stroke i think it weighs 118kgs, i secure it with six small ratchet straps and an anti shunt strap in case of a front end bump my van has two tracks running across the vans garage fore and aft with eye bolts at the required centres could send photos if required Gray. ps if strapping over the plastics or seat run straps on some foam etc i put a bungie strap on the front wheel and ramp to back wheel it sounds a lot of messing but the straps are all set to length and marked takes ten mins to load.

OP
OP
SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
thanks mitch...how do you get it in and out ?... my dodgy old back would'nt let me lift it so i would need some sort of ramp, i have got a pair of rails with eye bolts in the van so the ratchet straps would work,maybe i could fabricate a ramp from alloy plate, is the scooter ok with 2 people (steep hills ect) i've just been looking at one online and it looks ideal
T

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi T send me your email address and i will send you some photos, i bought a folding alloy ramp on ebay, my scoot will do eighty two up its a gillera runner vx sports scooter, they dont put vented discs on both ends for nothing, when we took it to Sorento Italy i thought we would see lots but it caused a bit of a stir with the youth most go for export as they are expensive in the home market, all the ones we saw have a Ferrari sticker on the front i was told its because the Itallian youth regard them as the Ferrari of the scooter world i bought it off ebay at seven years old with 700 miles on the clock its now twelve years old with 1500 miles from new i dont use it since getting a trailer for the car but cant bring myself to sell it Gray.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
SomethingLink Removed would do
You have a scooter you can't bare to sell Mitch, thats just stoooopid:RollEyes:
Ive got two:Doh::cry:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thats the ramp ive got i let the scoot power its self in then turn it off when the back wheel gets in :thumb:

OP
OP
SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
thanks geo. that looks like just what i need and reasonable price too !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back