Free Member
Jun 10, 2023
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E765
Exp
Recent returner. Previously 10 years experience
I have recently returned to a motorhome (Bessacar E765) after years with a caravan. My motorhome is fitted with a satellite set-up consisting of an Oyster motorised roof mounted dish and a control unit of unknown origin, having a wired two button remote unit which initiates the dish elevation & lowering, and changes channels.

Currently the system only seems to be picking up German and other European channels, so presumably the LNB is for Astra 1 and the controller unit set-up for finding Astra 1. Obviously the LNB can be changed quite easily, but I am stumped when it comes to the controller unit - I have no idea of the manufacturer or whether is is even possible the thing can be made capable of searching for Astra 2.

It might be a great start if some one could possibly identify the manufacturer/model of the unit shown in the picture. It has no labels or marks anywhere to identify it.

IMG_3861.JPG IMG_3864.JPG

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon Starbj

You have an Oyster Digital System with an S2 receiver. The system is around 20 years old however should still be able to work although support for this model has now been discontinued by the manufacturer.
If you call the office on 01858575928 when you are with the system I can talk you through updating the settings for the system and advise on your options as well as the possible drawbacks with this older system.
The office is open from 8:30 until 17:00 Monday to Friday.

OP
OP
S

Starbj

Free Member
Jun 10, 2023
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E765
Exp
Recent returner. Previously 10 years experience
Good afternoon Starbj

You have an Oyster Digital System with an S2 receiver. The system is around 20 years old however should still be able to work although support for this model has now been discontinued by the manufacturer.
If you call the office on 01858575928 when you are with the system I can talk you through updating the settings for the system and advise on your options as well as the possible drawbacks with this older system.
The office is open from 8:30 until 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Thank you for making contact and offering assistance. I will contact you over the next day or two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If your dish is like my Tracvision dome it probably needs a frequency update, mine stopped finding satellite about 2 months ago , final got to go to Conrad Anderson who updated the frequencies and now it’s working fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back