LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok so I am trying to set up an old MK 1 Maxview satellite dish manually but don't really have a clue as the sat on my van does it itself so this is all alien to me.

I am using an ice crypt 1700 box .If you look at the image on the tv screen it shows Sat 2A is selected but the line on the map of tv screen shows it to be somewhere in Africa and not over the UK.????

Can someone help please and Oh I can't seem to rotate the dish so been trying to keep moving the van instead using the other vans satellite angle as a guide.:LOL::LOL:

IMG_9282.JPG

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Satellites are located In geostationary orbit, along the equator.
And in certain specific locations
The UK TV satellites do not need to be located over the UK, as long as their beams are pointing that direction.
As long as your dish points in the right direction that is all that matters,.

If the satellites were located over the UK, then dishes would all point directly upwards, and not at the directions and angles they do.

Moving the van vs moving the dish... not going to be that accurate in aligning to the satellites...a cm out and you can be missing the satellites by a few 1000 kms!!!
I think you need to sort out the motor system for your dish for it to automatically located the satellites...

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think you need to sort out the motor system for your dish for it to automatically located the satellites...
Thank you for your explanation. The dish doesn't seem to be motorised but Im sure your right in saying I need to be able to get the dish to move around and not the van.

The instructions online don't seem to be user friendly.

Far from hitting it with a hammer I think I will wait until Alan arrives back and sorts the rotating problem.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thought you had a Snipe, Sandra?

Edit : Auch, shut up! Just read your first sentence in op again!:doh::doh::doh:

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi we use the app Satfinder when we set up our dish on our Motorhome it shows you which direction that it needs to be pointed too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20190521_205338.jpg
    20190521_205338.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 14

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you for your explanation. The dish doesn't seem to be motorised but Im sure your right in saying I need to be able to get the dish to move around and not the van.

The instructions online don't seem to be user friendly.

Far from hitting it with a hammer I think I will wait until Alan arrives back and sorts the rotating problem.
You didn't manage to get the handle and dial off then?
It can only be the shaft that's seizing up and needs freeing and cleaning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back