Safety Recall (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Yesterday we received an urgent Safety Recall for our 2018 Peugeot Boxer. We've had the van from new and it's the first recall we've had.
The Code JRK, I quote:
'We have identified that on your Peugeot vehicle that the brake pipe fixings may not conform to specification resulting in insufficient clearance between these pipes and the fixing stud on the bodywork. This could damage the pipes.
This safety recall consists of checking and repairing these fixings and replacing any damaged brake pipes as necessary'
Anyone had any issues regarding these fixings?
Just typical, two days before un-SORNing the van, trying to fit this into a busy schedule that we've been planning all winter :doh:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We have just received the same recall on a 2017 Peugeot boxer base ,absolutely disgusting ,some 5 years from purchase and now knowing the first recalls were in 2019.
Luckily we are booked in Monday 4 th April to have it checked some 8 miles away.( After several phone calls)
I have checked on line and consider that mine doesn't need any work but still have to have it checked for safety and insurance purposes.
Just a nuisance as the van has to be at the garage by 9 and may be released by 11.30 unless some work is required and then it will be 5 o'clock so a day out for us.
Although it's a free check and repair ,I got the hard sell from the garage ,re brake fluid change Ā£64, check something else Ā£29 ,check this ,check that ,no thanks just check the brake fixings on the recall please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
We have just received the same recall on a 2017 Peugeot boxer base ,absolutely disgusting ,some 5 years from purchase and now knowing the first recalls were in 2019.
Luckily we are booked in Monday 4 th April to have it checked some 8 miles away.( After several phone calls)
I have checked on line and consider that mine doesn't need any work but still have to have it checked for safety and insurance purposes.
Just a nuisance as the van has to be at the garage by 9 and may be released by 11.30 unless some work is required and then it will be 5 o'clock so a day out for us.
I've been told by the garage that it will take 30 minutes to check (14th April) it to see if any work is required and if it does they won't be able to give us a date to have the work done until they get a delivery date for the required parts.
How did you check if yours required any work done online? (y)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I've been told by the garage that it will take 30 minutes to check it to see if any work is required (14th April) and if it does they won't be able to give us a date to have the work done until they get a delivery date for the required parts.
How did you check if yours required any work done online? (y)
There was a video of a hire company with several vans and they showed what the recall was about. Just check a search through google
If you track the brake pipes from the master cylinder and follow them behind the engine it's the brackets that may come loose apparently and allow the brake pipe to touch the engine ,become hot and become abraided by contact with the vibrating engine.Had a check on mine and all look to be ok but you need the proof that it's been checked by an authorised Peugeot garage plus it needs checking underneath on a ramp

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
There was a video of a hire company with several vans and they showed what the recall was about. Just check a search through google
If you track the brake pipes from the master cylinder and follow them behind the engine it's the brackets that may come loose apparently and allow the brake pipe to touch the engine ,become hot and become abraided by contact with the vibrating engine.Had a check on mine and all look to be ok but you need the proof that it's been checked by an authorised Peugeot garage plus it needs checking underneath on a ramp

Thanks for sharing that Jimbo. I'm not in the slightest mechanically minded but the video makes sense to me. Just hope it's the same issue.
I was thinking brake pipes under the van and was concerned because we had E&P self levellers fitted and was told that there wasn't a lot of space under the van for the electrics controls box. That's a relief. (y)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes, I believe is just the front part of the van engine area. The video shows it ok but the brake pipes drop behind the engine in the bulkhead .which is best viewed from underneath.
I think from searches that the recall were on a certain batch of vin numbers and they are just being overcautious about the rest ,in case some fixings were used incorrectly.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Further to the Brake recall ,I had contacted a "local" Peugeot garage that could fit in the MHome,
The girl on the service desk phone had tried to give a sales speel the brake fluid change etc .Said I would have to leave the van from 9 am to 11.30 and then if anything needed doing it would be 5 pm before it would be ready to collect.( I don't think so)
Went to the garage at 9 am ,parked up in front of the service bays as there was no space, booked the van in .adviced the Service guy that my van was blocking the bays as no where to park it and I needed a quick turnaround
No issues ,straight on it,Sat in the waiting room with a free coffee ,half hour later , job done .Brake pipes all ok,no work required ,but they presented me with a FREE health check.
All ok as it happens but the van never left the spot it was parked in.According to the health sheet ,it had been checked at ground level,spare and under bonnet fluids,then with vehicle at half height, tyres,brakes front and rear,then at full height for transmission oil leaks.,exhaust.
What a load of Bo**ocks.
If I had paid for any of that I would be straight round to trading standards. :eek:

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Further to the Brake recall ,I had contacted a "local" Peugeot garage that could fit in the MHome,
The girl on the service desk phone had tried to give a sales speel the brake fluid change etc .Said I would have to leave the van from 9 am to 11.30 and then if anything needed doing it would be 5 pm before it would be ready to collect.( I don't think so)
Went to the garage at 9 am ,parked up in front of the service bays as there was no space, booked the van in .adviced the Service guy that my van was blocking the bays as no where to park it and I needed a quick turnaround
No issues ,straight on it,Sat in the waiting room with a free coffee ,half hour later , job done .Brake pipes all ok,no work required ,but they presented me with a FREE health check.
All ok as it happens but the van never left the spot it was parked in.According to the health sheet ,it had been checked at ground level,spare and under bonnet fluids,then with vehicle at half height, tyres,brakes front and rear,then at full height for transmission oil leaks.,exhaust.
What a load of Bo**ocks.
If I had paid for any of that I would be straight round to trading standards. :eek:
Just waiting for the hard sell! šŸ¤Ŗ

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Took our van today for the safety recall check. Everything is OK no further work necessary :Grin::Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back