Safeguard - looking for opinions please (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
Hoping to collect a new van in the next couple of weeks assuming the DVLA get round to registering it……so, I’m currently getting insurance quotes and I’m keen to know if anyone has experience of Dafeguard please?

TIA

Jason

OP
OP
Crazyj
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
Oops…Safeguard 🙄😂….

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
They were okay to deal with when we took our insurance out and on renewals.
I never got to test their policy with a claim though.
Switched to Saga after 19 years with Safeguard because Safeguard would not cover us for our Moroccan trip.

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Have just switched back to using Safeguard, used them for about 5 years up to about 5 years ago. Only changed at the time because my motorhome was becoming too old for them to offer cover.
Changed to a newer motorhome earlier this year and when renewal time came around they were a competitive price.
Years ago I did need to use the breakdown service with them which was and still is run through the AA, they did the job which I paid for.
Part of the Swinton group.
Mike

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We've been with Safeguard for 9 years now.
2016, MH suffered flooding in Spain. Written off immediately as biohazard.
Within 2 days we were given option of flights home or hire cars back home. They arranged (via AA European) taxi to Hire depot at Marbella, all three hire cars(1 for each country) taxi from Figueres to Perpignan to switch cars. They contacted us by phone each day we travelled to check All OK. Paid out on insurance with absolutely no hassle or haggling about 40 days(including Xmas) after flooding.
As ever always check what you are buying with insurance and it fits what you need.
Enjoy your new MH (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
I only realised on renewal with safeguard that I wasn't covered 3rd party to drive other people's vehicles. Got this with LV much cheaper. Haven't claimed with either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back