Refilling after winter draindown (1 Viewer)

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Hi everyone, Can anyone help a damsel in distress. Got Chausson motorhome with gas only op truma water heater/heater. All been drained correctly after frost etc but came to fill up with water to use for a couple of days, have fillled fresh water tank twice with pump on and hot taps open but there is not water coming out taps and no water is getting to the truma boiler. I am fed up now as cant afford loads of bills at dealers. So consequently no water coming out the taps, bit frustrating to say the least. Anybody got any ideas???? Please if you can offer any advice can you email me at clareledwith@hotmail.com as I am still working my way round this great website but am not too computer literate and time is of the essence......i need to get water out of taps!!!
Many many thanks for any help.
Kind regards
Clare:Doh:

OP
OP
C

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Now we know it's a positive displacement pump rather than a submersible, an air lock is highly unlikely ..
The pump in my RV was a long way from and above the level of the tank and even when run dry had no problem re priming..

As already said, it looks like the pump diaphragm is kaputt ..

If it's a Shurflo (not sure about other makes) you can buy a repair kit rather than a costly new pump. Most caravan dealers stock.

Hi ScotJimland!!,
Thanks for info, been on web today and was impressed with the spares Shurflo do. Hopefully pump will be out tomorrow as its doing no good where it is!! From everyones help and advice here I reckon it all points to the diaphragm.
Kind regards
Clare:Smile:

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Clare
We have a Truma boiler. Check the tap position. Our is up for open and down for closed but if you put it into down position a bit too firmly it's open!!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back