Rapido i1090 CBE - step question and Kenwood screen saver (1 Viewer)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
hi

does anyone know how to disable the automatic step operation when i unlock the motorhome via the Fiat Alarm key.

I’m pretty sure it will be in the service/engineers menu within the CBE PC380 control panel but i’m buggered if I can find any information regarding how to get into this menu.

Also my Kenwood DNX518VDABS head unit keep’s reverting to its screen saver after a few seconds and i’ve scoured its menu and the internet to see how to switch it off.

Bloody technology eh!! who’d have it

So if anyone can throw any light on those 2 issues i’d appreciate it please

Yes I do know their are other problems happening around the world 😉

Al 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
What is the step doing? Do you have an alarm as well?

The step is coming out when I unlock the motorhome like more or less they all do, as we carry with us a wider plastic double step the Thule step hits it when I open the moho. When we had the Autotrail which had the Sargent control panel it was very easy to disable this action via the engineers menu, I cannot seem to access this menu on the CBE panel.

It has a Phantom alarm fitted but would do this regardless if an alarm was fitted or not

Al 👍

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The older panels have an advanced menu which is accessed by turning the panel off and then holding the prog button whilst turning the panel back on. You must disconnect any electric hookup and do it on 12v only. This may work on the newer panels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
The older panels have an advanced menu which is accessed by turning the panel off and then holding the prog button whilst turning the panel back on. You must disconnect any electric hookup and do it on 12v only. This may work on the newer panels

Aha!!

that worked but, and there’s always a but

The first thing to show was indeed the step on/off option, it was set to on so using the up/down function I changed it to off.

I then scrolled through all the other options, and there are quite a few and it brought up allsorts then eventually got back to the step.

The issue now is I cannot find the “save” function so it saves the step off option, bloody hell talk about a conundrum 🤔

thanks though at least it’s a step (sorry 😉) in the right direction 👍

Al

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
I don't know if this is still a problem, but on my PC380 panel, you save your changed settings by going to the 'Exit' option and then pressing 'Prog' again. The default option is to 'Save' so this normally happens automatically in this situation.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I don't know if this is still a problem, but on my PC380 panel, you save your changed settings by going to the 'Exit' option and then pressing 'Prog' again. The default option is to 'Save' so this normally happens automatically in this situation.

Apparently Rapido say it can’t be changed as it’s controlled with a unit that also controls other things
I’m tempted to find the step motor supply and simply fit an inline switch to isolate it when I don’t want it to work

thanks anyway for offering advice 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back