Rapido 9048 owners - fitting a drainage extension pipe? (1 Viewer)

snowydog

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie!
Hi everyone, we have recently picked up our new (to us) Rapido 9048 and whilst we are loving most aspects of it, one annoying thing seems to be the fresh water and grey water waste pipes being centrally located underneath the rear of the van.

I know there have been numerous conversations about whether it is acceptable to dump grey water as you are driving, but in an attempt to be friendly to fellow road users we have always tried to empty grey waste at authorised sites or into a drain along the road.

However finding a drain in the middle of the road which we can position the rear of our van neatly over is getting really frustrating, especially as it seems to take a good ten minutes to empty!

I was wondering therefore if anyone has had any experience diverting the drainage to one side so we can at least empty into a roadside drain or remote hedgerow?

thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
What a way to introduce yourselves, welcome, but it really isn't a good idea to open with an admission of illegal grey water disposal

Controversial

sticking with the extension part of the question, most of us have extension hoses to attach to the outlet, to direct over drains, you should be able to get this hose from a accessory shop, or an aquatic shop may be cheaper

when you have the hose though please do not use roadside drains, most are connected straight to the nearest water course :Eeek:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I fitted an extension pipe to mine. The centrally located grey water drain which goes through the floor to the outside can be connected to a pice of black or white plastic waste. you might find a push fit to fit to do it , but I used a piece of wide water pipe from a fish pond type shop. I then inserted this into an elbow and connected to a piece if pipe long enough to exit at the rear of the chases. I put another elbow on this so that the outflow points down with a short piece if pipe on that. This is supported by a hose clip secured with two small bolts in the chases. All joint made with plastic weld.
IMG_5656.JPG
I then had a rear drain outlet but to complete the job I have a 4 mtr length of flexible plastic pipe, again from the fish pond shop and when needed I connect this by pushing it into the outlet elbow. Thus I can direct the waster anywhere I want if I cannot reverse over a drain. Just make sure that the outlet slopes downwards from all the way.

Obviously still have to open the valve from inside but its now easy to drain away waste in any situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snowydog

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie!
Thanks for info both, though I had no intention of being particularly controversial! As we've only had to empty grey and/or fresh water three times since we've had the van and two of those have been at a site (though not always with the best of aims) I was simply trying to understand what others did precisely to avoid being anti social! Had no idea mains drains in towns and cities went straight into the water course.

Good to know that options to aid accurate aiming are out there though, thanks Iandsm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back