Rapido 7090F and others extra kitchen surface.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Techno, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

First I removed the edge trim from the curved divider panel.
    [​IMG]
    Then planed the curve flat and level, I had to then deepen the rebate for the trim to go back
    [​IMG]
    At this stage no one would know any difference.

I had an old Rapido folding dining table as I secured a new one cheap. So the base piece that goes on the table leg is what I have used to make the elevated work surface.
    I cut it down in width(faced the cut with aluminium) so it would not be too big in either direction i.e.over the sink and the seating headrest. I then cut a slot as wide at the partition edging strip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is held in place by inserting this stuff in the gap either side once the top is in position.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is easy to remove but we leave it permanently in place. Any suitable wood could be used for a temporary shelf.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I have recently viewed some 2014 spec Rapidos and I'm pleased to see that the idea in principal has been adopted "the cheek" I wonder how much notice the Rapido organisation take of the French forum "forum of the friends of campingcar Rapido" I got the idea there originally myself.
    My van is far superior to the issue they published in 2008 by a very long way :p