Rant - so called "experts" (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Our main Heki rooflight leaked after about a year, so it went back to the supplying dealer to fix, aka remove/reseal etc. They said the manufacture sealing was duff. Fair enough - it happens.

4 years later, about 4 years ago I asked the said supplying dealer for advice on what sealant to use on the other 2 skylights as one was starting to leak. "You must use non-setting bedding mastic, don't use adhesive as you'll never get it off". Great thanks.

Today, the main heki is starting to leak again (the one the supplying dealer "fixed") - so thought I'd re do it.

What a ******* of a job. 75% of it was sealed with non-setting bedding mastic. Great, 5-10 mins and it was loose. The remaining 25% was rock solid adhesive!!! The stuff they told me not to use. Stupid b***ds. Not only that, but this was on the hinge side which, due to in-built roof spoiler was a right git to get to. Took a few hours to get it off and I was fortunate not to break the hinges or damage the roof. What a bunch of cowboys!! Not sure what it was, but it was rock solid and bonded to the roof. Looked like Silkaflex 512 (black) type. Definitely not bedding mastic. So what did they do - run out half way through!?!!?! Took a couple of hours to chisel it off the removed heki frame!

So - despite them KNOWING not to use it, telling me not to, they in fact did.

Another one for my reasons not to trust "experts" list!

rant over.

Still, it was a lovely day to do it! Nice and sunny and warm :) And the leak was "tiny" so must've just started, so no harm done either. (Apart from my hands that are as raw as, errr, raw)

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I just wanted to rant and moan :) It was 8 years ago, so it would be denied/agued and what proof do I have? Similar actually to the last conversation I had with them after my van had a turbo/egr pipe switched around - but don't get me going on that one :) (edit: in interested lol http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2013/10/ford-transit-tdci-low-power-low-boost-p0235-fixed/ )

Unless you have a niche transit conversion you'd never know them, I just wanted to rant.

If you have a van from them, you're likely to know me anyway :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back