Prostate cancer. A useful resource. (6 Viewers)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Update to my face to face meeting Tuesday had a phone call from barts yesterday afternoon inviting me to have a ct scan 03/05

What is the CT scan for? I have only had an MRI pre diagnosis then a gamma body scan when cancer confirmed by biopsy, but now I am just about to have my first 3 month jab and wait without further checks 🤔

I have got a nagging abdominal discomfort that I presume is cancer / treatment related but not going away so I am going back to see my doctor

Lower back pain went so happy that was muscular , but this abdominal pain has been there since before my cancer diagnosis, it did seem to get worse post biopsy which has caused me some anxiety

Pre diagnosis I would not have been worried about this , but now knowing 1:6 of those diagnosed die within 3 years from prostate cancer, although it is common and usually successfully treated, sometimes it isn’t

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I’ve never had so many people looking at my nether regions since communal showers at school! Dr Henny was nice and the two students didn’t say much but Charlotte was allowed to see if her finger detected the same situation as his (we all have to learn somewhere).
Rebecca deposited the biopsies into three jars while Paul tried to keep me thinking about other things by chatting and asking me questions.
I’m not sure what Mary did but we all had to persuade her not to Google “how much is a hitman?” after I joked that there would be consequences if Dr Henny hurt me too much.

All in all it was a much better experience than I had anticipated. The worst bit was when I started shaking from the adrenaline as the anaesthetic wore off.

Two or three weeks until I get my results 🤞

Gordon
(It took me three attempts to balance the pad in my pants before I realised that there was a piece of paper which could be removed to reveal an adhesive strip 🙄)

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
not my experience i had 3 injections then an ultrasound sensor inserted then a staple gun inserted and click click 9 times all tools removed bum wipe and pushed to recovery for tea and biscuits told you can go home after you have passed water

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
not my experience i had 3 injections then an ultrasound sensor inserted then a staple gun inserted and click click 9 times all tools removed bum wipe and pushed to

Pretty much my experience, suprising how you soon settle down in the birthing chair chatting to the four medics, one a trainee.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
had a good laugh with the 2 nurses and the doctor over the birthing chair i said to them when i have the baby if its a boy i will call it joe after the doctor and if its a girl we will have to toss up for the girls name

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
had a good laugh with the 2 nurses and the doctor over the birthing chair i said to them when i have the baby if its a boy i will call it joe after the doctor and if its a girl we will have to toss up for the girls name
Good humour ! Well done .all in a fays work for them !

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
The numbing cream ?
I usually try to write what I mean: in this case the word was "anaesthetic"!

"You usually have this test in the outpatient department under local anaesthetic."

Perhaps your doctor had a different technique?

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I usually try to write what I mean: in this case the word was "anaesthetic"!

"You usually have this test in the outpatient department under local anaesthetic."

Perhaps your doctor had a different technique?

Gordon
Yes I had a transrectum biopsy , where they just use numbing cream /liquid

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back