Poland does anyone know ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We are hopefully passing through Poland in August. We have a 3.8t motorhome. At the moment I have been unable to work out tolls and how to pay. From October 21 a new system came in where some rds are freeflow ( no toll booths). But I can not seem to get any of there apps, registered to accept me and my vehicle. Also polish gov web site will not recognise my email or phone number. I am totally lost. Anyone been and or sorted tolls for Poland, help would be appreciated.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are hopefully passing through Poland in August. We have a 3.8t motorhome. At the moment I have been unable to work out tolls and how to pay. From October 21 a new system came in where some rds are freeflow ( no toll booths). But I can not seem to get any of there apps, registered to accept me and my vehicle. Also polish gov web site will not recognise my email or phone number. I am totally lost. Anyone been and or sorted tolls for Poland, help would be appreciated.

Although we live here I have only just looked at the new E-Toll system website and it is as clear as mud to me, so I too have a problem as we might need it in a couple of weeks.

The old system (ViaToll) was like the Austrian Go system where you bought a box which pinged going under gantries and charged your account.

The new system is based on GPS on certain devices in the vehicle. Our problem is that we only have GPS on a phone which could be used in the MH or car, but that may result in us being charged for the car at over 3.5t rates, when Basia has that phone with her.

Sorry at the moment I am just as much at a loss as you.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Try to watch Alan Heath (not everyone’s cup of tea I know) youtube channel at 8.15pm. He is a motorhome full timer in Poland and should be able to answer your question if you join the live feed. He is currently in Ukraine and not able to join every night at the moment.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We went to a friends wedding in Poland three years ago, rather than fly we took the Hymer. Based on that trip I don’t think they have any roads that anyone would have the nerve to charge for, I’m sure I lost a filling or two. TBF they were building some new main roads at the time in the south but they often just stopped, almost as if the contractor had run out of tarmac.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Although we live here I have only just looked at the new E-Toll system website and it is as clear as mud to me, so I too have a problem as we might need it in a couple of weeks.

The old system (ViaToll) was like the Austrian Go system where you bought a box which pinged going under gantries and charged your account.

The new system is based on GPS on certain devices in the vehicle. Our problem is that we only have GPS on a phone which could be used in the MH or car, but that may result in us being charged for the car at over 3.5t rates, when Basia has that phone with her.

Sorry at the moment I am just as much at a loss as you.

Geoff
If you get any sort of info would you please let me know. I just cannot understand why it's so complicated. I believe they have not thought about foreigners traveling to and through.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If you get any sort of info would you please let me know. I just cannot understand why it's so complicated. I believe they have not thought about foreigners traveling to and through.

Not just foreigners, as we are resident and have a Polish registered vehicle.

I think that the system may be geared for transport companies for over 3.5t and has not been considered for occasional users, whether Polish or non-Polish vehicles.

If I can get more clarity I will post, but it may be in a different thread as this one may be on page xxx by then.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Well having done some research and turning up the following comments from the Google Play Apps site I am not surprised that you have had trouble, as many many users have.

I am inclined to write to the Ministry of Finance and tell them that I am unwilling to get into such a complicated and unworkable system and I will only pay if they send me a bill at my home address, which I will put as London.

Maybe you wish to do the same. Anyway you have not registered your vehicle. I do not know how they will track vehicles not registered - have the new company signed up to pay for police ANPR recognition access?

The current government and administration could not even find the brewery never mind organise the p*ss-up

I will let you know of further info.

Geoff

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Glad it's not just me then. Don't see how you could get a fine, for not paying when it's obviously impossible to actually pay.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Having spent most of yesterday and this morning trying to ring, email Poland gov and etoll. I have come to the conclusion it's IMPOSSIBLE so have changed my route and will not be going by Poland. It's there loss and Sweden's gain.
If they put a system that works in, I would be happy to go to Poland in the future, but for now, I will stick to where I feel wanted.
Nicholsong. Please let me know by either private or on the forum, if you do manage to find a workable way round it
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back