Pleased It Wasn’t The Van Windscreen (1 Viewer)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
You’ve really got to feel for the poor little cherubs, getting all bored and stuff during the school holidays.
Most likely come from the adjacent field or hedgerow.

After all, it’s only one of my spare bedroom windows and not like I need it to be glazed or anything ?

31773FB8-F22A-472D-8290-17D0A48A3B9D.jpeg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That looks like a bullet hole check your bedding and tell the police .
Knowing Kingham's background, I think he'll have already been "on the case". ;)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Edited...............
It’s in hand thanks, air rifle pellet is still between the two panels of the double glazed unit.
See, I knew it. ;)

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Bloody hell ! Thought our neighbourhood was going downhill , you can do without that crap , feel for you ? ? ? ? ? ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I remember aged around 11 trying to shoot a woodpigeon I accidentally put a pellet through a window of a house about 100m away. The Police came immediately but my dad said they couldn't come in and there weren't enough of them to fight him, so while they were waiting for reinforcements I hid the rifle in the dog kennel. They never did find it.

Subsequently, my kids owned them but were never allowed to 'play' with their airguns.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Many many moons ago I worked for a company that fabricated drag conveyors and weekend overtime was pretty much do your own thing or repair your car.
One of the guys that worked there was a member of the local gun club and he always had a few rounds of .22 rim fire in the draw of his work bench where he had emptied his pockets after an evening on the range.
I had the brilliant idea of making a pistol one bored weekend at work.
I drilled a hole down a 5" length of 1" round bar to take a .22 round, welded on a handle, drilled a hole length ways through a bolt to take a firing pin and then welded on a nut to line up the firing pin on the edge of the .22 round which was then hit with a hammer.
The factory doors were big wooden affairs so to be safe I stood a large-ish sheet of 1/4" steel to aim at knowing the .22 bullet would not go through it and had I hit the steel sheet it would have, but unfortunately I missed the steel sheet and the bullet sailed through the wooden doors smartly followed by some rather disturbing noises of destruction.
Knowing that some of the guys parked their cars across the way from the doors, I feared the worst.
Rushing outside I could find no damage on any of the cars, but the factory stood at the end of a street of old terraced houses and then I realised that the disturbing noises of destruction were several green houses in the back gardens now missing many panes of glass.
A few cuts with a hacksaw and the evidence was gone. :Eeek:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As a kid we put up targets against the old boy next doors shed which formed part of the boundary at my mates house

We spent a happy hour or so shooting, when we suddenly heard a load of shouting. The shed was old and most of our pellets had gone straight through the wood, and the old guy was one of those people that would screw a jam jar lid to the bottom of a shelf and keep bits and bobs in teh jars.

Apparently every one was smashed and all his nuts and bolts, screws, hooks, hinges were all over the workbench among the broken jam jars!

I say "apparently" as my mates Dad was the local Copper, and my mate wasn't allowed a air rifle, so once we heard the shouting from next door we cleared up the evidence and legged it to my house along with my air rifle.

The Copper simply said it couldn't have been his Son as he "didn't own an air rifle and that was as far as that went.

Other than the Copper ran our local boxing club, knew my Dad, had sussed out exactly what was and we both got a bollocking for being so stupid

Glad they never found out about the real "Really stupid" things that we did lol

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As a kid we put up targets against the old boy next doors shed which formed part of the boundary at my mates house

We spent a happy hour or so shooting, when we suddenly heard a load of shouting. The shed was old and most of our pellets had gone straight through the wood, and the old guy was one of those people that would screw a jam jar lid to the bottom of a shelf and keep bits and bobs in teh jars.

Apparently every one was smashed and all his nuts and bolts, screws, hooks, hinges were all over the workbench among the broken jam jars!

I say "apparently" as my mates Dad was the local Copper, and my mate wasn't allowed a air rifle, so once we heard the shouting from next door we cleared up the evidence and legged it to my house along with my air rifle.

The Copper simply said it couldn't have been his Son as he "didn't own an air rifle and that was as far as that went.

Other than the Copper ran our local boxing club, knew my Dad, had sussed out exactly what was and we both got a bollocking for being so stupid

Glad they never found out about the real "Really stupid" things that we did lol
I'd like to say that the "Old Boy" was probably about my age now, 58 which when you twelve is really old lol!

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I remember aged around 11 trying to shoot a woodpigeon I accidentally put a pellet through a window of a house about 100m away. The Police came immediately but my dad said they couldn't come in and there weren't enough of them to fight him, so while they were waiting for reinforcements I hid the rifle in the dog kennel. They never did find it.

Subsequently, my kids owned them but were never allowed to 'play' with their airguns.
They reckon ‘what goes around, comes around’ and I can still remember some of the stuff I got away with when I was a kid. I’ll have something to whinge about if it all revisited me in one go ?

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
My father was against us having any air weapons as kids so had to go to a mates house to shoot one of “his” that I actually bought!
We used to shoot toward a target at the end of his garden and if we missed it was no great problem as beyond was a very steep wooded valley.
After a particularly good summer evening when we went through a couple of tins of pellets each we heard a bit of a commotion at his next door neighbours garden fence. Walking to the end of the garden the younger kids next door were trying to stop their very excited dog going over the wall and into the woods.
David, my friend, asked what had happened and they said they saw from their treehouse we had successfully shot a couple of rabbits just into the wood and the dog got very excited when one we had “winged” was still moving!

Target shooting then came a definite second to gunning for bunnies. We progressed to cooking them over a campfire half way down the valley side and fed very well, mother still talks of the summer I never seemed hungry!

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Airgun pellet probably from the house opposite.
Only 8 houses in the street and none of my neighbours have air weapons. Even if they did, they wouldn’t do such a thing.

All the broken glass and pellet inside the double glazing unit are to one side of the damage, which would suggest the pellet was fired from the adjacent field.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Bummer ken.. expense if nothing else..
I'm assuming it only penetrated the outer glazing if the pellet is in the void..
Will the police not have an idea of where it came from by examining the entry point..

Edit.. just seen your last post??

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
andy63 £130 for a new double glazed panel fitted, which isn’t great, but could have been a lot worse.

I’ve checked my own and the building site CCTV across the field and there is nothing evidential here to warrant a visit from the police.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
andy63 £130 for a new double glazed panel fitted, which isn’t great, but could have been a lot worse.

I’ve checked my own and the building site CCTV across the field and there is nothing evidential here to warrant a visit from the police.
I've been watching to many detective things?
Thinking the pellet entry point would tie it down to where it came from?
But if it only penetrated one layer maybe not that helpful..
Anyhows hope it sorted easily and a one off thing..
Andy

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You should report it anyway, the Scroats will get picked up eventually, it's more evidence, it might happen to someone who can't afford a new window or even hurt someone's pet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back