Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
When I reversing there are three possible collision points.

1. My plastic bumper which is the same height as everyone else's (give or take)
2. My bike rack is about 4 feet up in the air and sticks out 2 feet when there are no bikes on board
3. My bike rack is about 4 feet up in the air and sticks out 4 feet with bikes on board

Is there a smart way to do this and can I disable the (2) when it will give a false reading?

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
It's a good idea. I have a camera at about 4 feet off the ground and I just can't trust it. Things that look at be safe in the camera look like collision prospects in the side mirrors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
You know the distances for all the locations before collision, so get reversing sensors with distance indication. They do them wired or wireless.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Can you not fit your reversing sensors on the part of the bike rack furthest back which can then move in and out depending on whether bikes are fitted or not.

If you need low ones as well then have a switch to select which one to use.

I rely on my bumper ones and when they give a solid noise it means the bike rack is 6 inches away from anything.

I have also seen MotorHomes with coloured tape on the wheel arches so that when you line up the tape with a mark in your mirror it projects a line to the ground behind the MH to give you the stop mark.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi you can get a camera with distance graph on it think DRW do them. I fitted the sensors with the display on my wifes car it seemed to work ok off ebay about £30 for wireless kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back