Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry don't do anything Apple. :Smile:

As said on other threads, it all depends on the software and what one wants to do with it. Computers are only tools, nothing else. For what are nowadays commonplace tasks the tool set may well be complete. However, no matter how good Apple hardware is, if the software required for the job in hand isn't available the tool cannot work.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
TBH, you can ask 100 different people and they will all come up with 100 different answers as to what to use.

Laptop wise, I would buy another Vaio when mine eventually fails. It is used daily, holds vast amount on it and has done without fault for 7 years or more. Wifi reception is fantastic compared with o/halfs Compaq from the HP stable. Though my HP desktop again, has lasted many years without problems.

Apple have a strong following. Don't think they are unhackable and don't have viruses. They are just as prone. It is only the fact that they have such a small share of the market compared with MS pc's that the hackers get a better numbers on the MS PC system.

Servicability is a major issue. Can it be repaired or upgraded? Macbook Air's have been criticised for being the least servicable machine to ever be built. Even the battery is soldered to the board, and is advised to be returned to Apple for replacement at a few hundred pounds (and presumably gone for a month or so) - as opposed to a MS machine of £20-40 in your local PC store.

My advice would be to read reviews - go for a quality machine that is NOT the most advanced available, but a few models below to ensure the glitches have been resolved, and get one that has enough power and functions to be 'future proof' for YOUR needs. Don't get talked into buying something you don't want!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back