Not another fridge not working on gas thread (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry did I say it wasn't another fridge not working on gas thread? Damn auto correct ;)

Electrolux 3 way fridge. It's been working fine on gas at home even in nice warm-ish weather. Haven't been on hook up for a while but pretty sure it was fine.

Been away now and it's been on and off a few times for ferries and now doesn't seem to be cooling. Fridge is very poor and freezer just seems cold.

Hot air coming out the vent and no problems lighting it so it's kinda working.

What's the go to checklist in this situation?
I thought mine was not working on gas until i tried it by turning the switch to the off position and voila, it works! Up to that point i had turned the switch from 12 volt to gas which showed the little light flickering. Turning it off then to gas it just lit and stayed that way!

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The fuses on the front of the EBL are all 12v ,the 240v to the fridge supply will be on a separate circuit.
If you look in Resources on page 3 of manuals for Motorhome stuff there is a service manual for the 7 series Dometic fridge and on page 25 of this manual is a clear picture showing the baffle (item H ) and its position . (as also used on your 6 series fridge)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
1661807347232.png

1661807409855.png

1661807523638.png

Magnification of your flue wire monzer, indicates that the u bend is the base of the baffle wire, not the top, so one has to ask, where is the baffle? :(

1661807746122.png

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Baffle is actually in the picture, just sticking out the end of the tube a little bit.

So I should try and fish the baffle out the top of the tube along with the wire. Attach said wire to top of baffle then insert both back down tube but attaching the other end of wire to top of tube?

Sound about right?

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Well with the limited tools I took with me I've went and rounded of the screw head to get the burner apart. Can't get it off whatever I try.

Taking it to a guy that says he can fix it tomorrow.

Wouldn't be bothered but with it not working on gas I either need to shop daily which is a bit of an arse, eat out or use a site with electric every night. Both those options are expensive so I'll see if this guy can fix it tomorrow.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well with the limited tools I took with me I've went and rounded of the screw head to get the burner apart. Can't get it off whatever I try.
I would hazard a guess, (based on what we know about the lack of previous ownership servicing), that the screw threads are well and truly corroded, hence the difficulty in removal. :(

Unlucky monzer. (n)

Jock. :(

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Got to the recommended garage this morning. The old guy didn't speak English but as soon as I said fridge he was off out with his tools.

Bit of an arse to get the rounded screw off but once he did he fixed the baffle and holding wire and cleaned it all up a bit. Tested it and working fine so all good.

Thought it was going to be cheaper than 50 euro but not going to complain. Gave him 60.

All in all nothing I couldn't have done myself with all the help on this thread but I didn't want to take all my tools with me so that made it near impossible.

Thanks for you help folks đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back