North of Ireland - touring advice please. (2 Viewers)

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
We're planning to tour the north of Ireland in September, travelling up from south Wales to Stranraer and spending about 25 nights on the island.
I have a rough plan to do some tourist sites in NI before going into the northern part of 🇮🇪 and doing some of the Atlantic coast.
We have a dog and I'm hoping to get an Irish passport and rabies booster for it whilst there, possibly at Letterkenny(I've read that somewhere). Other suggestions would be great.
Other than our first night @ Metal Bridge enroute to Stranraer, I have no locations planned and I would prefer not to pre-book (for greater flexibility).
I use P4N and Campercontact for general stuff but any local knowledge or advice from previous trips would be great.

Thanks, Terry.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've done exactly that three times now (except for dog passport, done last time). Stayed at a pub, Kings Head in Ballantrae, 20mins north of Cairnryan, overnight after travelling from N.E. (met some friends there, didn't really need to) before crossing to Belfast. Headed north around the coast on Causeway route before crossing into the Republic onto the Wild Atlantic Way.

Couple of good threads if you do a quick search with loads of useful info.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
We only had a week available so it was a very quick tour just scratching the surface. Giants causeway, there is free access if you check online.
Donegall is lovely if u get the weather and something I considered a little gem was the NT spade mill near Antrim if u like industrial heritage, and u can overnight there. I found derry a very oppressive place but that might just have been the weather. There is a group called motorhomecraic and the are a very helpful bunch with an app for stopovers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back