North Coast of Germany (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We are on the Hill to Rotterdam ferry next week. We were planning to go down the Rhine to the black forest and then over to our favourite place Alsace-Lorraine for a week.

However, temperatures are soaring and we have been considering staying north and heading up the northern Germany.

Looking on SFS there are loads of campsites and stellplatz but hardly any have reviews.

Anyone got experience of this area?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just one word of caution, when we were last in northern Germany we couldn't find any beaches that were free, all were chargeable, so if you want to loll about on a deckchair etc make sure you are prepared to pay the price ...

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We are on the Hill to Rotterdam ferry next week. We were planning to go down the Rhine to the black forest and then over to our favourite place Alsace-Lorraine for a week.

However, temperatures are soaring and we have been considering staying north and heading up the northern Germany.

Looking on SFS there are loads of campsites and stellplatz but hardly any have reviews.

last time i was in Sweden in the 2015, i came back via Poland and the North of Germany. The coastal areas were great, especially toward and near Rugen from Swinoujscie. if you want a bit of nightlife, there's always Hamburg but I had seen enough of there in my Merchant Navy days. :LOL:
Just a word of warning, I, usually, had been able to get by with my German but struggled in , what was , East Germany until quite recently. (Didn't remember this until I got to Berlin. :unsure:)

Have a great time!

PS. If wild camping in forest, be careful of Wild Boar, especially with young, they can be VERY protective!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

Careful it's got mountains like Wales :wink::wink::rofl:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We were planning Baltic coast til I saw the real costs of Aires up there. If you look at searchfirsites there is more or less no I formation, so I paid for camper contact and you get 50 + reviews and up to date costs. That's what put me off at the moment. 20 euros cheapest aire. Acsi far better in area.
I also have trips planned for volcano route and hart mountains so done some research. We have touched on volcano route before and stunning.
I plot a route in Google maps very loosely and then view photos of the towns en route.
The low route to Berlin past both of those regions was full of surprises to me.
We came to Bavaria because it was only 22-25 this week and scorching everywhere else. 34 ISH from Friday for a week so you're spot on about weather

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We were up on the Baltic coast a few weeks ago, and as Suavecarve has said, we were surprised by how expensive Stellplatze in the area are. 25€ seems the starting point, and there are hardly any free ones , particularly on the coast. No idea about S4S reviews, I don’t use it, but plenty of info on Campercontact.
We spent a couple of nights on a site at Seehof, just north of Schwerin (but a fair trek into the city) - right by a lake, and a good site - I think it’s €26, but pricing was very seasonal.

The weather was way too cold to sit on the beach, but there was no charge on the beach at Sandornstrand (between Kuhlungsborn and Heiligendamm) nor any facilities. There was a Stellplatz just above the beach which we liked - and an excellent bike path along the coast.

Very attractive area, and I’m glad we went, but evidently pretty popular with German visitors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We’re passing through N Germany on our way back from Scandanavia. Currently at Kappeln, a marina @ €17. It’s very busy but with good facilities. The town is busy with lots of older German tourists. We don’t worry about beaches but the cycling is excellent.
We also spent some time in Denmark. Lots of marinas, often €20+ but with good facilities and close to towns. Much more English spoken in Denmark but generally more expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back