newby (1 Viewer)

etjf

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Funster No
Hello all! Just joined after seeing the site recently. I've been motorhoming for several years now and have had my present B544 for 5 years and i'm very pleased with it apart from the usual few niggles we all encounter. Travelled both on the continent and at home. I'm thinking of selling/trading very soon and wondered if I might try a low profile camper for a change as there are some nice looking ones around. I particularly like the look of the Chausson Allegro with a fixed bed although it does look painfully low to the ground and I was wondering if these long low motorhomes have trouble 'grounding' at muddy sites and in general not too practical on the handling front? The Hymer is so much higher and tractable,something that i've got used to. Wondering if someone has previous experience of them and can clue me in. Thks Ed.:Cool:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi etjf

Welcome to MH Fun flyingwelcome

With regards low profile vans we have had 2 and never had any problems, but ours have always been the smaller sort.

If I was going for a larger van I would always go for a rear wheel drive,Ford or Merc. my preference being Ford. Would go for twin wheels on single axle they seem better able to cope with mud as load is in theory spread over wider wheels.

Hope this helps.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp