Mar 10, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB 2016
Exp
since 2011
Good day,
I am new here so treat me gently! My wife and I have spent several years touring with an old but trusty Auto trail Scout. We decided to splash out and buy a new Auto trail Tracker RB. My wife is disabled so the fixed bed at the rear was a "must." The motorhome was ordered and delivered via Perthshire Caravans and Andrew Wood. They provided a great service and we have nothing but compliments.
The motorhome itself is another matter. We had an automatic satellite dish installed but unfortunately on the 2 occasions it was put to the test the locations defeated the dish and it was unable to lock on to a signal. Imagine our disappointment to find the provided television had no coax cable run so usage of the TV signal in the parks could not be used. A "jury rig" of coax cables allowed TV viewing but not in the way that it should!
We now need modifications to be done to a van which is only just over a week old! To cap it all we are informed by Auto Trail that the coax cable socket in the bedroom is not connected to anything! A socket has "just been provided." More cables to be run. An alternative might have been considered by Auto Trail in case satellite signals were not available. Otherwise a beautiful motorhome!

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome to the world of motorhoming, it does get better, at times :whistle:
Welcome to the forum also, enjoy your new van (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif
From Glasgow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:WelcomeFlag:If you get a good un nothing wrong with Auto trail enjoy it.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hi Harjam and welcome. Sounds to me like you need to be having a discussion with your dealer!

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Welcome. It's not rocket science building a MH. Give Stuart Tirpin or Dave Thomas a phone call and tell them how good their quality control checks are before leaving the factory.
Can't say what I really think of Autotrail else I'll be slag by a Autotrail Imola owner.
Hope things improve soon.
Colin

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi and :hiya2:

That sounds like what happened with a friend of mine recently.
We met up at a small CL in Devon over Christmas. They with their brand new expensive Burnster, us with our old Swift. Before long we had settled in with everything set up. Last thing to do was tune my digital TV. I have a portable satlite system but found it was not needed as we had a good strong digital signal. Sometime later I watched their van moving forward to another pitch, after a few minutes it moved again and eventually settled on one on the other side of the small campsite. I asked why they did not use the digital service if they were having Satellite issues and was amazed to find out, like you, there was no aerial or cabling! :frowny:. So, is this the norm these days? :smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Harjam

Harjam

Free Member
Mar 10, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB 2016
Exp
since 2011
Hi, All,
Many thanks to all. Just a postscript - it has taken me 2 weeks to find out how to get electric hot water! gas -I got plenty of but no electric powered hot water. Found the switch this morning on the side of the rear of the bed.............................. Ah well. You need to look everywhere. As the handbook stated "the switch is located in different locations depending on the type of motorhome. You must check." Yup! That is true!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back