New Hymer - how to ensure warranty maintained if bodywork repair (1 Viewer)

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Some of you may have seen my thread about damaging my new hymer ( 4 weeks old) here:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/help-need-expert-bodywork-repairer-for-new-hymer.130342/

Don't know whether there is any internal damage yet

What I am anxious about is how to ensure that all warranties are preserved after repair - e.g. damp ingress warranty as well as standard warranties. Have you any advice for me about how to make sure they are?

Insurance company didn't know, can't speak to anyone knowledgeable at dealership until tomorrow,

Any advice gratefully received, thanks

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I think that you will have to get it checked by a Hymer aproved bodyshop dealer ,as long as there has been no damage that would cause the ingress of water then you should be fine,if the damage would leave your hymer vunerable to water ingress etc ,then a certified repair from Hymers aproved reparer will be required.

OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Update:

This has proved awkward as Hymer don't appear to have a list of approved repairers and I have gone from pillar to post being given different advice - would you believe that all the Hymer dealers I spoke to said something different? Hardly with repeating all the different responses.

Basically it is looking like you need to ensure that the repair carries its own warranty as a Motorhome manufacturer may void their warranties if it is felt that a problem arising is traceable to the repair.

I preferred a repairer that we found but have in the end opted to use one of the insurers approved repairers. This was partly as it was going to be much quicker - our preferred repairer hasn't availability for a while and we'd also have to wait for approval from the insurers, then parts order which could put it back even longer. However any doubts about not knowing the repairer is perhaps offset by the fact that the repair is covered by the underwriters for as long as we own the van.

Luckily it probably looked worse than it is, with no breach of any of the panels evident, so hopefully this is a reasonable course of action. If the damage had turned out to be more serious I might have decided differently. In that scenario if I had chosen my own repairer I guess I would need to be confident about the warranty given on their work and that they weren't going to go out of business.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back