New GRP and paintwork restorer (2 Viewers)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
On my MH I have a GRP overcab, a metal cab body with paint on it and the hab bit is plastic sheeting.

It's 8 years old and all I have ever used on it is Fenwicks cleaner and Fenwicks Booby dazzler. The cab body and plastic sheeting look great, no scratches and I still need shades on to look at them when it's just been cleaned. But oh dear the grp bit is not so clever, so if you can tell me how to get some of the stuff to revitalise that I'd be obliged.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Jezport has a brilliant product, I’ve used it and continue to,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I've had various hospital visits, so have been out of the loop for a bit.
I'm on the mend now. Please PM me your name and address and I will send you my bank details to pay.
Cheers
Jez

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I've had various hospital visits, so have been out of the loop for a bit.
I'm on the mend now. Please PM me your name and address and I will send you my bank details to pay.
Cheers
Jez
Hope you are well now(y)

Are the products still available as I'm after a fine cut on the roof front and a polish after. If you still do them?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have the fine polish still. Geoff who is taking over the Parrotsol business has a new paint sealer. We will both be at the Peterborough Show If you are attending or can do mail order.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have been working with Geoff finishing some long term trials of a new plastic restorer and a paint sealer. They will be available at Peterborough Show. Geoff also told me that he will have some amazing special offers and will continue to offer the Funsters discount. Please come and see us as I this is my last show and you all need to convince Geoff that its worthwhile putting all the hard work in to trade at shows.

Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
I've been selling a very popular restorer polish on ebay for around 11 years and it's always sold well and is a good product. I tested it against other branded products and it worked as well as products a lot more expensive. Anyhow , as I'm a bit of a perfectionist I wanted a product that performed better on surface contaminants like over spray and black streaks. I've now finished testing of various versions with differing ingredients and have my new version. It now contains a clay and a fine surface filler, amongst other new ingredients and is still a finishing polish so wont cut through lacquer or paint too quickly.
I absolutely love using it, and have done a lot of work to get it re-formulated.
A lot of people will have no ide how much work is put into a simple product.
Hi, this is in reply to your Ebay message of earlier today…

Hi, I’m a member and I saw your comments on Motorhome fun. And you have lots of positive comments.

I have a 1995 Hymer, so the sides have that slightly uniformed dimpled finish.

What would it take to bring it up to shine, and that includes the sticky roof? Something that repels stuff!

We’re 6.7 metres long, so what quantity would we need, more than 1? Obviously I’d clean it all off first with something a bit cheaper, Fairy Liquid!

Kind Regards

Del
I've been selling a very popular restorer polish on ebay for around 11 years and it's always sold well and is a good product. I tested it against other branded products and it worked as well as products a lot more expensive. Anyhow , as I'm a bit of a perfectionist I wanted a product that performed better on surface contaminants like over spray and black streaks. I've now finished testing of various versions with differing ingredients and have my new version. It now contains a clay and a fine surface filler, amongst other new ingredients and is still a finishing polish so wont cut through lacquer or paint too quickly.
I absolutely love using it, and have done a lot of work to get it re-formulated.
A lot of people will have no ide how much work is put into a simple product.

Hi, I’m a member and I saw your comments on Motorhome fun. And you have lots of positive comments.

What would it take to bring it up to shine, and that includes the sticky roof? Something that repels stuff!

We’re 6.7 metres long, so what quantity would we need, more than 1? Obviously I’d clean it all off first with something a bit cheaper, Fairy Liquid!

Kind Regards

Del

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

Kind Regards

Del

Kind Regards

Del
Will message you

Astro

Free Member
Jul 17, 2016
North Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago I143
Exp
I'm keeping that. It'll be handy even if I never use it.
Hi jezport
I'd like to try your polish. Please pm me the ordering details.
Thanks
Dave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back