LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I had a clutch fail at 24k on a 2008 3ltr van 2 years ago. The garage that changed it showed me what was left and the plate had shattered. They had seen several Ducato clutches fail exactly the same way over the last year or two. Most were on fleet vehicles but also a couple of motorhome.
The original fiat fit clutches really are cheap rubbish. There is evidence from fleet operators that early clutch failure s common. Some report multiple clutch replacements on high mileage vehicles. Bearing in mind fleet operators put 100k miles a year on their vans and minibuses. So some mention vans having new clutches 3 or 4 times in 2 years. That is expensive to maintain
There was a member on fun that mentioned the minibus firm he drove for had multiple ducato vans off the road waiting for clutch repairs

It seems fiat know all about the design and build fault but as with judder gate have ignored the multiple complaints about early clutch failure. Often quoting the old chestnut of driving style being to blame. But we have heard that before of course. Disgraceful really on such a popular Base vehicle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back