Nationwide flexplus changes.. (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I know a few on here that rely on the cover it provides,

No interest on the account from November and changes to the travel insurance side as well...

As far as I can see no changes to breakdown cover..

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think it’s still good to have at £13 for breakdown and travel insurance with a few other benefits..

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I think it’s still good to have at £13 for breakdown and travel insurance with a few other benefits..
Might kick this into touch now, that’s £156 a year and we don’t use the travel insurance. Because of health problems they wanted us to pay more in excess than we could could actually get our own insurance for.
Anyone with any health problems needs to look very closely at this as they may find they are not insured.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Might kick this into touch now, that’s £156 a year and we don’t use the travel insurance. Because of health problems they wanted us to pay more in excess than we could could actually get our own insurance for.
Anyone with any health problems needs to look very closely at this as they may find they are not insured.
If we didn't use the travel insurance we wouldn't bother either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Think I will be out on this as well plus half my family.
The travel insurance does not cover my heart condition anyway so i am already paying for other cover. Motorhome breakdown is included with comfort. I only have cheap mobile phones so no way am i paying £50 a repair. Just leaves car breakdown which I am sure I can get on a deal elsewhere.

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
Going to close my account in November. Any other ideas for bank accounts for use abroad only

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Think I will be out on this as well plus half my family.
The travel insurance does not cover my heart condition anyway so i am already paying for other cover. Motorhome breakdown is included with comfort. I only have cheap mobile phones so no way am i paying £50 a repair. Just leaves car breakdown which I am sure I can get on a deal elsewhere.
Tonka I'm in same position but I couldn't find cover even after paying the excess as cheap as NW. To cover heart condition. Regarding mobile cover the excess is excessive but I used my household insurance where excess is not as high.
Also to have European breakdown cover for a mh and car even though car will not go abroad still seems reasonable.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
If you are sticking with this account for travel insurance make very sure you read all the small print very carefully and make sure you tell them about everything of a medical nature however trivial.
And then hope you dont fall I'll while away.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
If you are sticking with this account for travel insurance make very sure you read all the small print very carefully and make sure you tell them about everything of a medical nature however trivial.
And then hope you dont fall I'll while away.
Seems like good advice regarding any health insurance

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I've often recommended FlexPlus accounts and been pleased to "recommend a friend", thereby earning both of us a £100 reward for switching.

IF someone finds a good deal, preferably with interest and breakdown cover (from my perspective: health insurance will start causing problems as I shall soon hit the magic 70!), why don't we do a "domino effect" with A recommending B&C, B recommending D&E while C recommends F&G, etc, so that we collect as much benefit from this change as possible?

Gordon

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We have flexplus. re travel insurance, we had to pay an extra £50 to have 60 days as opposed to the standard 30. This year, as well as the changes discussed above, they want £120.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
The devil is in the detail. I paid the extra and thought I was covered. Turns out I wasn't. What an expensive mistake that was!

Deleted User
In the last month I have renewed the travel cover, with health issues, age and extended trip limits i paid over £300, not pleased at all!!

Insurance won't cancel and refund, outside the 14 day limit, the relevant information is virtually impossible to find on the Nationwide website without searching for specifics and the account is still being advertised with the 3% interest and no mention of forthcoming changes.

I have contacted Nationwide to express my displeasure at the way this change is being implemented, have today moved what savings I had with Nationwide into Premium Bonds and when the interest rate drops to zero that will be another £2500 moved elsewhere and will then start the search for a better bank account.

This is from a supposed members Building Society, I suggested to them that if this is the way they conduct business then they should become a bank!

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I've often recommended FlexPlus accounts and been pleased to "recommend a friend", thereby earning both of us a £100 reward for switching.

IF someone finds a good deal, preferably with interest and breakdown cover (from my perspective: health insurance will start causing problems as I shall soon hit the magic 70!), why don't we do a "domino effect" with A recommending B&C, B recommending D&E while C recommends F&G, etc, so that we collect as much benefit from this change as possible?

Gordon
Think it changes at 69 now?

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
The 3% on £2500 made it worthwhile for me, but as I am now 70 with the additional premium for travel insurance I'm not sure it's now worth it.

Andrew

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The Nationwide have now become as greedy as the banks. My extra charges with NW were ridiculous. The whole family of 14 also had big issues with them so we all closed our accounts last month.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
For me still worth it as use it for MH and wifes car breakdown cover, family mobile 4 of us and family travel.
Yes can add MH breakdown to comfort but its £60py ish.
Family travel would be circa £100
Family mobile would be circa £120
Wife breakdown cover circa £100

Even at £13pm no interest still more cost effective to leave as is for us.

I did look into other accounts but nothing came close

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back