N&B Arto headlight tweeks for driving in Europe (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Going to be driving the Arto in Europe, is there a magic way to tweek the dipping of the headlights so as not to cause a dazzle hazard?

Or do I have to resort to bits of sticky tape like the old days?

Thanks

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Which prime mover and year might bring forth some answers for you.

Our 2006 Iveco Daily based Flair has a dash control, which allows me to raise or lower the beam, but to change from a left dip to a right dip, more involvement is required at the headlamp end of things. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
M
Mar 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Which prime mover and year might bring forth some answers for you.

Our Iveco Daily based Flair has a dash control which allows me to raise or lower the beam, but to change from a left dip to a right dip, more involvement is required at the headlamp end of things. ;)

Cheers,

Stupid me.

2007 Arto (with the vertical stacked headlights) Fiat Ducato X250

DSC_3255.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Stupid me.

2007 Arto (with the vertical stacked headlights) Fiat Ducato X250

View attachment 830263
I am sure that if you remove the stack covers, you should be able to access the beam adjustment.
Hella lamps are usually beam adjustable with some easier than others.

Good luck sorting them out, but you may have to resort to just lowering the beam, if you can't adjust it easily.
How much driving in the dark will you be doing abroad? ;)

Cheers,

OP
OP
M
Mar 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
I am sure that if you remove the stack covers, you should be able to access the beam adjustment.
Hella lamps are usually beam adjustable with some easier than others.

Good luck sorting them out, but you may have to resort to just lowering the beam, if you can't adjust it easily.
How much driving in the dark will you be doing abroad? ;)

Cheers,

Jock to be fair not much night time driving, we are going to the N&B factory open day this weekend. so travelling in daylight on Friday and likely doing most of the return journey on Monday morning, it is just Sunday evening as I think we get thrown out late on Sunday afternoon.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jock to be fair not much night time driving, we are going to the N&B factory open day this weekend. so travelling in daylight on Friday and likely doing most of the return journey on Monday morning, it is just Sunday evening as I think we get thrown out late on Sunday afternoon.
You used to be able to stay till Monday or even later I think and some used to turn up a week early but the field that we always used is now covered in solar panels so things may well have changed, enjoy the weekend though and Saturday night is usually brilliant, certainly is if "TOPSIS" are the band.

And re your lights, I am not sure that the covers come off on the Arto and I think there is not the room behind to get in and turn the units that there is with the Flair so you may be best just adjusting them right down or resorting to sticky tape just in case, jongood should know more than me.

OP
OP
M
Mar 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
You used to be able to stay till Monday or even later I think and some used to turn up a week early but the field that we always used is now covered in solar panels so things may well have changed, enjoy the weekend though and Saturday night is usually brilliant, certainly is if "TOPSIS" are the band.

And re your lights, I am not sure that the covers come off on the Arto and I think there is not the room behind to get in and turn the units that there is with the Flair so you may be best just adjusting them right down or resorting to sticky tape just in case, jongood should know more than me.
The Saturday evening band are MĆ¼nchner Zwietracht, looks like fun.

Do you mean the front covers, the silver mould trim pieces as in the photo?

Headlight trim.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

View attachment 830288
Don't know them, seen TOPSIS there a few times, yes the covers around the lights, on the Flair these come off and it's easy to remove the light units to alter them rather than trying to do it upside down with you head stuck through the bonnet gap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Mar 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Don't know them, seen TOPSIS there a few times, yes the covers around the lights, on the Flair these come off and it's easy to remove the light units to alter them rather than trying to do it upside down with you head stuck through the bonnet gap.
I will go and have a look, we have a power cut at the moment but I am back feeding the house from the Honda EU20 !!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

View attachment 830288
NO he doesnt.

You get at them from behind. First identify which one does the dip beam, then have a look on the back and you will see 2 pk screws in slots and one with another hole next to it. The idea is to loosen the screws ( preferably with a magnetic catch under it) so you can turn the lamp through approx 20 degrees. I usually just alter the left hand one so they both dip to the centre, my logic being that its one less to change back for mot and they re like candles anyway so it makes little difference to the driving experience.

Edit to add that its not recommended to put beam benders on as they can attack the surface of the lamp.

OP
OP
M
Mar 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
NO he doesnt.

You get at them from behind. First identify which one does the dip beam, then have a look on the back and you will see 2 pk screws in slots and one with another hole next to it. The idea is to loosen the screws ( preferably with a magnetic catch under it) so you can turn the lamp through approx 20 degrees. I usually just alter the left hand one so they both dip to the centre, my logic being that its one less to change back for mot and they re like candles anyway so it makes little difference to the driving experience.

Edit to add that its not recommended to put beam benders on as they can attack the surface of the lamp.
Thanks

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just to add to the post by jongood there are three screws if they are the same units as my 2014 Arto,the top one needs removing fully whilst the side ones you loosen until you can pull the rear body away from the lens, and then you can rotate it on the slotted grooves to the opposite position whilst watching the headlight beam against a wall to ensure you've turned it the right way (might already be on left hand, unless you've checked) as it's a bit of a faff, so someone might have previously done it & left it šŸ¤£

Alb

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back