Multi car policies (1 Viewer)

Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Anybody use a multicar policy - cars due for renewal mid jan so do any motorhome insurers do tese type of policies?
TIA

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Admiral, who for last 3 years have been the best quote for me (after calling them each year to ‘discuss’ their inflated renewal quote). Mine is up for renewal next week so will be watching this thread for ideas!

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Recently had renewals coming up with LV for both wife’s car and motorhome - minimal increase for the Moho but about 30% up for the car. LV suggested going for a multi car plus house insurance policy, so I was transferred to the correct department and gave all relevant details.

Result was that they then wanted almost double for the Moho and treble for the car, with the home treble our current provider! When I queried the quoted increases over the motor policies they are already renewing for much less it was put down to the computer throwing a wobbler.

Ended up staying where we are for the house, going elsewhere for the car, and staying with LV for the Moho, but managing to get them down to even less than last year - go figure!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ianbenny
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Recently had renewals coming up with LV for both wife’s car and motorhome - minimal increase for the Moho but about 30% up for the car. LV suggested going for a multi car plus house insurance policy, so I was transferred to the correct department and gave all relevant details.

Result was that they then wanted almost double for the Moho and treble for the car, with the home treble our current provider! When I queried the quoted increases over the motor policies they are already renewing for much less it was put down to the computer throwing a wobbler.

Ended up staying where we are for the house, going elsewhere for the car, and staying with LV for the Moho, but managing to get them down to even less than last year - go figure!
Wow that's very strange but with insurance who knows.
LV have never been the cheapest or anywhere near in the past for my car on the comparison sites.

I have the MH with Highway who I think is part of LV via Performance Direct, but the car is with axa via the AA.
But, someone ran into my rear end last year, new bumper required which will affect this years premium even more!! even though no fault and his insurance fixed it.

Looks like I will try LV

OP
OP
Ianbenny
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Have slowly added all our vehicles to NFU after they first took on the RV.
The best service from any insurer. I can actually email or phone my contact directly - Shock!!!!
Are they competitive?
I dont usually go for the cheapest quote, usually look for the benefits and excesses

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
One thing to be aware off, having been with LV for several years and given the new ruling about offering the same price to existing customers as new ones when I recived my renewal quote for travel insurance and queried the high quote, I found out that if I went online to then for a like for like quote it was over £60 cheaper. No mention of this was made when I phoned to say how expensive the quote was. Disappointing to say the least!

OP
OP
Ianbenny
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
One thing I found a few years ago is that all comparison sites are not equal in the prices they offer. I used one all the time then tried another and the same insurance quote with same company was almost £80 cheaper

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
We have 3 cars and the house with Admiral. Was best price after shopping around especially as one of the car drivers is a new driver.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Admiral, who for last 3 years have been the best quote for me (after calling them each year to ‘discuss’ their inflated renewal quote). Mine is up for renewal next week so will be watching this thread for ideas!
Having received my Admiral multi-car quote they were really uncompetitive. Even after calling them they were only prepared to reduce by £70. Ended up going through the various comparison websites and insured the cars separately with different providers, with same cover, saving £326.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Tried it once with Admiral as we have 2 cars due about 2 weeks apart and it was cheaper to get 2 policies with Admiral, didn’t matter how much I asked the woman to try to explain it she couldn’t. Only about £30 cheaper for the two but barmy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back