Montenegro Eco tax 30 euros (1 Viewer)

Reculver

Free Member
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
Did you know that anyone taking a vehicle into Montenegro will be stopped at the border and requested to buy an Eco tax vignette to use the roads......all roads.For a motorhome under 5 ton this is class M2 and costs 30 Euros.

Same system as Switzerland, you affix it to the inside of the windscreen.Unlike the swiss version it is easily removeable from one windscreen to another, and is also valid for 12 months from the month of purchase(hole punched on month of purchase).

This was quite a shock when we crossed into from Montenegro from Croatia, but you have to pay.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but if anyone is interested I have one for sale in the general classifieds. I couldn't put a photo there as it seems as if the file was too large, so I'm putting it here instead ..................I hope.
Oct2009001.jpg

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

In these days of 'Screw the motorist' I am astounded that Gordon or Alister haven't considered or imposed this kind of Tax on the umpteen foreign registered vehicles that arrive on our shores daily.

It would be so easy for them to impose on the ferry/tunnel operators. Foreign No. Plate, No problem, attach a vignette tax to the ferry fare and send us the money. On their part they would have to do nothing except collect the booty and our country would get at least something for the millions of miles clocked up each year.
Its not like you could sneak across our border with us being an island.
I note that even Romania, now it has joined the EU, is demanding that foreign vehicles buy a vignette costing 7 euros.
What do think. Is it a vote winner!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back