MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (73 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Histyle 640
Hi Tam, we are planning a trip for 2025 through spain and then into Turkey, could you explain the titre test process for the dogs please, we will hopefully be getting an eu pet passport next month on our way back from France , then heading back to Spain Apr 2025 for 90 days before Turkey, does a titre test need doing at least 30 days before entering Turkey and is it a case of hanging around somewhere for the results or do they send them on to you, grateful for any tips, you seem to be the most recent person with experience of it all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Since not getting the email notifications I can't keep up. Last I heard you were in a coach park on the outskirts of Istanbul. Did you get to see any of it? Somewhere we were going just before covid and since then ill health has stopped us going anywhere

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I am sure you said you were going to Bulgaria next.

Change of plan or does that mean you have another border crossing coming up soon?
I was originally going to do Bulgaria, Romania again and then head up through Hungary etc.

But after Bulgaria and Romania joining shengen at the end of march it wasn't going to make any difference to my 90 day in 90 day out situation so I started to rethink .

I also thought I really am a coastal person, yes I love to explore the mountains and inland sometimes too but my heart belongs on the coast and I wouldn't have seen it again after leaving Turkey till I got to dieppe the route I was originally going. So I decided as I'd not really seen Greece in the spring/summer months and it's my favourite country that I'd just return there for 2 months and get the camping on board ferry back to Italy end of June and drive back up the east coast then through the dolomites in to Austria, south Germany and then through Belgium to dieppe at end of July.

But I won't be moving every day in Greece I will make my way back to the peloponnese over the next week or two and then I'll select some of my favourite places and spend 4 or 5 days at each so I can just chill with the dogs.

And so far I'm glad I did , you can see the difference already in Greece between the winter months and now . Hopefully it's more lively but not too busy in the peloponnese

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam, we are planning a trip for 2025 through spain and then into Turkey, could you explain the titre test process for the dogs please, we will hopefully be getting an eu pet passport next month on our way back from France , then heading back to Spain Apr 2025 for 90 days before Turkey, does a titre test need doing at least 30 days before entering Turkey and is it a case of hanging around somewhere for the results or do they send them on to you, grateful for any tips, you seem to be the most recent person with experience of it all
Hi ...I'm a little confused by the Spain and Turkey mix .. I'd have thought Spain and Morocco and Greece and Turkey but no matter I'm guessing you're just going to drive round through France Italy and Greece to get to Turkey.

But with regards to the titre test.

It's best if you get an eu passport first like you said. Then I'd also advise getting another rabies shot a month before you plan to get the titre test done as initially one of my dogs failed it as she didn't have enough antibodies. At €160 a pop you want to avoid that if possible.

But after a rabies shot you need to wait at least 21 days before getting the test done. It then takes 3 weeks to get the results.. and they do take the 3 full weeks I found in my experience.

They can email the results to you ...BUT there's a page in the passport that needs to be filled in by a vet and stamped so you either have to wait till you get results and have the vet you used fill it in or pay another vet later if they're willing to fill the passport in for you once you have the certificate. I chose to return to the Same vet . Which was a pain as I had to stay in the one area for all that time. Once you have the certificate and the passport filled in then you can travel that Same day if you wished. The time delay is more for the actual rabies shot ( 21 days) and the time it takes for the test to be completed.

I need to get my latest dog tested too but as she's so young and only had one rabies shot at the minute I too will wait till I return to Spain this winter and I'll have her tested there , having had another rabies shot done in Germany in July before I return to the UK. So she should have plenty antibodies for getting a titre done in November.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Since not getting the email notifications I can't keep up. Last I heard you were in a coach park on the outskirts of Istanbul. Did you get to see any of it? Somewhere we were going just before covid and since then ill health has stopped us going anywhere
I didn't do any of Istanbul... I stayed a good 30 miles from it the day before then just drove straight through it and out the other side. It's way way to big a place for me . If I didn't have the dogs and I was part of a couple or something I'd have parked somewhere and used public transport to go in for the day to see the blue mosque etc .. but I weighed up the stress of trying to park somewhere I could spend a quiet night and walk in with the dogs etc and in the end I just felt it was too much hassle for a few pics. Cities aren't really my thing ...I just like the architecture but if the drive is too much I just avoid it.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I decided as I'd not really seen Greece in the spring/summer months and it's my favourite country that I'd just return there for 2 months and get the camping on board ferry back to Italy end of June and drive back up the east coast then through the dolomites in to Austria, south Germany and then through Belgium to dieppe at end of July.
Might well cross paths again with you somewhere Tam, we're heading to Slovenia via Germany, Austria etc with a couple of concerts en route, we've Stevie Nicks in Dublin 3rd July then AC/DC in Stuttgart 17th July and we've a new member to our crew too this is 8 week old Hector he's a wired haired miniature Dacshund getting him his pet passport & rabies jab at 10 or 12 weeks and that's us good to go for our summer adventures 🙂
IMG-20240425-WA0006.jpg
Screenshot_20240428-143837_WhatsApp.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Might well cross paths again with you somewhere Tam, we're heading to Slovenia via Germany, Austria etc with a couple of concerts en route, we've Stevie Nicks in Dublin 3rd July then AC/DC in Stuttgart 17th July and we've a new member to our crew too this is 8 week old Hector he's a wired haired miniature Dacshund getting him his pet passport & rabies jab at 10 or 12 weeks and that's us good to go for our summer adventures 🙂View attachment 891084View attachment 891086
What a cutie

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Histyle 640
Hi ...I'm a little confused by the Spain and Turkey mix .. I'd have thought Spain and Morocco and Greece and Turkey but no matter I'm guessing you're just going to drive round through France Italy and Greece to get to Turkey.

But with regards to the titre test.

It's best if you get an eu passport first like you said. Then I'd also advise getting another rabies shot a month before you plan to get the titre test done as initially one of my dogs failed it as she didn't have enough antibodies. At €160 a pop you want to avoid that if possible.

But after a rabies shot you need to wait at least 21 days before getting the test done. It then takes 3 weeks to get the results.. and they do take the 3 full weeks I found in my experience.

They can email the results to you ...BUT there's a page in the passport that needs to be filled in by a vet and stamped so you either have to wait till you get results and have the vet you used fill it in or pay another vet later if they're willing to fill the passport in for you once you have the certificate. I chose to return to the Same vet . Which was a pain as I had to stay in the one area for all that time. Once you have the certificate and the passport filled in then you can travel that Same day if you wished. The time delay is more for the actual rabies shot ( 21 days) and the time it takes for the test to be completed.

I need to get my latest dog tested too but as she's so young and only had one rabies shot at the minute I too will wait till I return to Spain this winter and I'll have her tested there , having had another rabies shot done in Germany in July before I return to the UK. So she should have plenty antibodies for getting a titre done in November.
Yeah the plan is ferry to Spain france italy greece then into Turkey, spending more time in greece and italy on the way back
Cheers for the info on the titre, bit of a bugger having to wait for the results, have to have a think on logistics with this
Enjoy the rest of your trip

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I was originally going to do Bulgaria, Romania again and then head up through Hungary etc.

But after Bulgaria and Romania joining shengen at the end of march it wasn't going to make any difference to my 90 day in 90 day out situation so I started to rethink .

I also thought I really am a coastal person, yes I love to explore the mountains and inland sometimes too but my heart belongs on the coast and I wouldn't have seen it again after leaving Turkey till I got to dieppe the route I was originally going. So I decided as I'd not really seen Greece in the spring/summer months and it's my favourite country that I'd just return there for 2 months and get the camping on board ferry back to Italy end of June and drive back up the east coast then through the dolomites in to Austria, south Germany and then through Belgium to dieppe at end of July.

But I won't be moving every day in Greece I will make my way back to the peloponnese over the next week or two and then I'll select some of my favourite places and spend 4 or 5 days at each so I can just chill with the dogs.

And so far I'm glad I did , you can see the difference already in Greece between the winter months and now . Hopefully it's more lively but not too busy in the peloponnese

Tm you will be lucky to get 'camping on deck' leaving it this late to book. We booked early January and could not get the dates we wanted one way. Only ANEK/Superfast do the 'camping on deck'. Minoan ffer a camper package with a free cabin.

The Patras/Igoumenitsa - Bari route is less busy than Ancona.

If you cannot get camping on deck what will you do with the dogs? You are not allowed onto the normal vehicle decks during the crossing.

Best chance for getting a booking is ViaMare in London 0044 20 8206 3429 He works wonders

Good luck

Geoff

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tm you will be lucky to get 'camping on deck' leaving it this late to book. We booked early January and could not get the dates we wanted one way. Only ANEK/Superfast do the 'camping on deck'. Minoan ffer a camper package with a free cabin.

The Patras/Igoumenitsa - Bari route is less busy than Ancona.

If you cannot get camping on deck what will you do with the dogs? You are not allowed onto the normal vehicle decks during the crossing.

Best chance for getting a booking is ViaMare in London 0044 20 8206 3429 He works wonders

Good luck

Geoff
Yeah I planned to phone Dale tomorrow to see what he says .. I'd be going igoumenitsa to bari.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back