Mobilvetta Altair (Iveco Daily) timing belt replacement (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Altair
Exp
Since 2021
Hi all

I've come to the conclusion that it is probably time to change the timing belt on my 2002 Mobilvetta Altair - by mileage it's not due, but it was apparently last done about 10 years ago, so it's probably time.

However, my usual mechanical garage say they can't do it, as they don't have the tools to get the side panels off the engine. I didn't think they were anything special over your bog standard Iveco Daily van of that era, but apparently not.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for someone anywhere near Lichfield, Staffordshire, that might be able to take on this job?

Thanks all.

Harris

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi all

I've come to the conclusion that it is probably time to change the timing belt on my 2002 Mobilvetta Altair - by mileage it's not due, but it was apparently last done about 10 years ago, so it's probably time.

However, my usual mechanical garage say they can't do it, as they don't have the tools to get the side panels off the engine. I didn't think they were anything special over your bog standard Iveco Daily van of that era, but apparently not.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for someone anywhere near Lichfield, Staffordshire, that might be able to take on this job?

Thanks all.

Harris

First off its not just due but well over due .. 5 years for a timing belt regardless of mileage.. 10 years you're taking a serious risk .

As for the engine, I can't see what they're talking about taking panels off. It's a mk2 iveco daily there's no panels attached to the engine. The cambelt is replaced from underneath however so if they don't have a ramp that can take the weight or a pit to do it over that might be their real reason .

My current iveco mobilvetta is different/older from yours so incomparable but I've had the same model of iveco you have and had a cambelt changed on that a few years back with no issues.

Standard engine, Bodywork on yours is slightly different from a standard iveco panel van but that should have no bearing on the belt change

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back