Maps.me or not (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Used Maps.me for some time but recently it has become very tortuous with advertisements and the like popping up all the time. While I appreciate the need to monetise this sort of app it does get in the way and the paid version seems a bit heavy for light usage. Are there any alternatives which also show footpaths and cycle paths in better detail than Google maps?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Used Maps.me for some time but recently it has become very tortuous with advertisements and the like popping up all the time. While I appreciate the need to monetise this sort of app it does get in the way and the paid version seems a bit heavy for light usage. Are there any alternatives which also show footpaths and cycle paths in better detail than Google maps?

I have been using Magic Earth for some time now.
It's not perfect as no satnav is, but Magic Earth is free, ad-free and you can input your MH dimensions in the "Truck" profile.
It's also fairly easy to import your own POI's as I have done for our current trip to Spain and Portugal.
Not sure about footpaths and cycle paths as I have not needed to specifically hunt them out

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I was a maps.me sort of guy before the money etc so I went straight to Mapy.cz

Its actually superior to the old Maps.me for what i use it for which is cycling routes. Just make sure you download the areas while you are on free wifi or at home before going away otherwise it costs you data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Been using Memory Map for over 20 years. Great quality OS maps, and the ability to plan, plot, save, send on, follow route etc.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use to use Map.me until they only allowed 10 maps to be downloaded before you had to pay(and it didn’t keep the maps) For walking tracks I use this on my iPhone
1708504200578.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Mapy.CZ fan here too, Memory Maps are ok but the yearly subscription put me off, instead I use https://www.topo-gps.com/ uses the same Ordnance Survey maps as Memory Maps, but you can but each section at a time and is a one off payment.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
For walking I use all trails. Slightly different to maps.me but good from finding, planning and navigating walks.

Not noticed ads in maps.me personally although I do find the new version less easy to use than the original.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back