Man burned by Exploding RV radiator

Discussion in 'Motorhomes in the News' started by scotjimland, Jul 28, 2011.

  1. scotjimland

    scotjimland Funster Life Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Messages:
    28,934
    Likes Received:
    25,574
    Location:
    .
    WEEPING WATER, Neb. -- A man, severely burned when his RV radiator exploded, said the Sunday accident could have been much worse.

    Steve Stump suffered second- and third-degree burns and may need a skin graft. Paramedics flew him from Brown's Airport near Weeping Water on Sunday after the explosion sprayed hot antifreeze all over him.

    Stump said minutes before the blast, he stopped to check his alternator but didn't put the engine cover back on. The engine in the RV is located next to the driver's seat. He was at the wheel when the explosion happened.

    “I just dove out the window,” said Stump. “The RV was still moving. It was still in gear; 30 feet and I would have been parked.”

    Read more:http://www.ketv.com/mostpopular/28688085/detail.html
     
Loading...

Share This Page