Magnetic/Stick on Light for garage (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Got a couple of these in ours and they work well.
One of them is suspended from the magnetic plate on the ceiling of a locker and it's not fallen off yet. The other is on a vertical wall and likewise.
Only had to recharge one of them once in over a year.

Amazon product ASIN B07BW7QHTB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks good my only concern would be if you have blow air heating it may trigger the sensors and the battery will be flat when you need it.
If I was installing them I would get a suitable power supply and disconnect the battery in them and wire to the vans 12v via the PS.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have one that looks similar we bought in Lidl or Aldi, Its been good so far. I'm tempted to buy the rechargeable by USB ones from Amazon next.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Looks good my only concern would be if you have blow air heating it may trigger the sensors and the battery will be flat when you need it.
If I was installing them I would get a suitable power supply and disconnect the battery in them and wire to the vans 12v via the PS.
We've got Alde.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have one that looks similar we bought in Lidl or Aldi, Its been good so far. I'm tempted to buy the rechargeable by USB ones from Amazon next.
We've had a couple of those as well (run off AA or AAA batteries) but they went with the caravan (spit! spit!). Still got one in the motorhome but not in use, just to give the motorhome some ballast as we're running below max weight!:whistle::rolleyes:
The rechargeables we've now got are better (in our opinion).

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I like to get one for my fridge lol I miss the fridge light when I need a drink in night

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
How do they recharge?
Does that mean that they need to be close to a plug? Or can you detach battery to charge?
As said above the ones we've got are charged by a micro USB socket on the lamp unit.
A cable is supplied however this has to be plugged into a computer \ adapter \ etc which is not supplied.
Having said that we tend to use a compatible mobile phone charger.
The battery is fixed within the unit however as the lamp unit is fitted to a fixed magnetic plate you just remove the whole lamp unit and take it to the charger. Refitting is then just a matter of re-affixing to the magnetic plate. Takes seconds to do.
Our units have a three way switch on \ off \ auto. Some others only have on \ auto.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Does that mean that they need to be close to a plug? Or can you detach battery to charge?
Simple Installation The Lights with the built-in strong magnet can absorb any iron products. And we provide strong magnetic strip & double-sided tape in the box for non-iron surface installation. The light never falls off from ANY surface. You can take it anywhere anytime directly for charging or as a hand-held light. It works perfect for closet, cabinet, hallway, kitchen, stairs, cupboard, drawer etc, and anywhere you need a guiding light.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I bought something similar from Costco. Rechargeable via usb cable, stick on via metal strip magnet, I use them fir the overhead kitchen cupboards, they come on as you open the doors, they have a sensor. I have found them very effective and throw a decent amount of light. Unsure how effective they’d be in a garage. Mine are about 2x1”

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Agree with Lenny, mine is an led with pir sensor to switch it on using four AAA batteries.
Works great but what you don't appreciate at first is it uses battery power for the pir if it's switching on or not, so batteries only last a few days.
Rechargeable better or wired in permanently better still (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Agree with Lenny, mine is an led with pir sensor to switch it on using four AAA batteries.
Works great but what you don't appreciate at first is it uses battery power for the pir if it's switching on or not, so batteries only last a few days.
Rechargeable better or wired in permanently better still (y)
Both of our rechargeable ones have lasted, at least, a year without needing recharged.(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just bought 2 of these for our MH garage. Hope they live up to the hype.

From the website it looks to me that they are delivering direct from China; similar shipping times for all over the world gives it away. As with most Chinese goods, these are sold under different names. You can get the same thing from Amazon with Prime delivery for about the same price. They even use some of the same photos

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back