M B and G warranty insurance. (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
Not sure if this is in the correct heading but wanted to vent my frustration at the above company. It shouldn't surprise me after all these years that they have wriggled out of a claim. Rear brake calliper sticking on so assumed that under their GOLD motorhome warranty, that it would be covered.
"Oh no sir. We don't cover seizure as it's usually caused by corrosion. "
A lot of problems are caused by seizures and corrosion, especially in vehicles standing for long periods of time. This policy is designed for motorhomes.
So if the engine seizes up I can only assume this clause would come into play.
Still last laugh is mine. I was planning to extend the warranty next month for a further two years at a cost of about £500. The repair is costing 150, so they've lost out in the end and I'll put the money aside for anything else that goes wrong.
Always known warranties were a waste of time but as it came with the van I was quite happy.
Never again. Certainly if it's me who has to buy and pay for it.

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
We had this insurance based cover (Silver) with our previous MH. First year needed new alternator £230.00 cost me the excess £80.00.
I then took out a further two years silver cover at a cost of £340.00. Third year the clutch went due to thrust bearing failure. Total repair cost £850.00 MB&G agreed to pay £700.00 of the bill. Sent copy of invoice and received cheque 7 days later.

Different van now under manufacturers warranty. However I would seriously consider silver cover again with MB&G based on my experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back