LV= Britannia recovery experiences... (1 Viewer)

Phil Spectrum

Free Member
Feb 2, 2023
Newcastle upon TOON
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 2019
Planning a 90 day EU trip and wanting to know I am covered.
The Britannia recovery looks good value compared with RAC (about half the price) but is it any good?

Obviously, no-one wants to use a recovery service, but if you do... Does it work?

Any experiences? Good or bad. Please share.
Thanks

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Used them in the UK and couldn’t fault them. I am covered for Europe but not used it over there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I had poor service from them when I had an oil filter leak in York but they did compensate me. I am not convinced any other companies are consistently better so am still with them.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
Hi,
we have Britannia Recovery via LV. Earlier this year when the cam belt went in Spain they were absolutely brilliant. All reasonable costs met up to their policy limits, recovery, hotel, taxis, hire cars, return flights for me and my wife to Madrid and train fares. Purely my experience but they couldn’t have done much more.

OP
OP
P

Phil Spectrum

Free Member
Feb 2, 2023
Newcastle upon TOON
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 2019
Hi,
we have Britannia Recovery via LV. Earlier this year when the cam belt went in Spain they were absolutely brilliant. All reasonable costs met up to their policy limits, recovery, hotel, taxis, hire cars, return flights for me and my wife to Madrid and train fares. Purely my experience but they couldn’t have done much more.
Hi.
Big thanks. This is exactly what I needed to reassure me.
Obviously every time is different, but your answer is good enuf for me

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
A couple of weeks ago, Britannia left us 7 hours just outside Melton Mowbray waiting for a breakdown truck. A truck turned up at 1am took us to Sandbach for 5am, ten minutes later a breakdown truck appeared and took us home, and later, a truck took the van to a Fiat garage. At the time, it wasn't much fun and some of the comments from the Call Centre just made us irritated. The problem was getting a breakdown truck for a 3,850kg motorhome at night.

Afterwards, we put it down to experience. We are staying with Britannia.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I’m thinking about changing to Britannia with personal & european cover. I’ll save about £45 compared to Green Flag plus further £150 on european cover. However, I’m struggling with the array of Ducato types on the website. It doesn’t recognise my registration so have to select from about 50 options! I’m struggling with some of the vehicle codes. Can anybody translate the following?
Ducato 30, 33, 35
SH1, SH2, MH1, LH2, LH3, MAXI, LXH1, LXH2, LXH3.
Is 5.9m length classified as LWB?

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
I’m thinking about changing to Britannia with personal & european cover. I’ll save about £45 compared to Green Flag plus further £150 on european cover. However, I’m struggling with the array of Ducato types on the website. It doesn’t recognise my registration so have to select from about 50 options! I’m struggling with some of the vehicle codes. Can anybody translate the following?
Ducato 30, 33, 35
SH1, SH2, MH1, LH2, LH3, MAXI, LXH1, LXH2, LXH3.
Is 5.9m length classified as LWB?
I'm guessing LH2 if it's normal height?

Odd way to classify them.

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Great service from LV and Brittania when we broke down in the Pyrenees earlier this year (faulty EGR valve). The breakdown people were with us within 20 minutes of my initial call to LV. We were back on the road the next day.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Interesting experience with Britannia yesterday. I’ve got personal coverage so called them for home assistance as my wife’s car wouldn’t start. It was parked facing away from the road on our fairly steep drive. The contractor turned up very promptly. He had one of those gizmos for towing with the front wheels off the road. However, it was too dangerous for us to try and push the car up the drive and into the road. I thought no problem, he’ll just attach the towing eye and pull it onto the road. However, his boss wouldn’t let him use that because they’ve had several snap and damage vehicles. Apparently they’d recently had to settle a bill for 3k!
Eventually his mate turned up and recovered the car with a tow rope around the “rear axle” (do fwd cars have such things?). I can’t fault the response time or effort but it did set me thinking if no towing eyes was a widespread policy and what would have happened if it was my 3.5t MH rather than Fiat 500?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
A motorclub friend who has a recovery firm contracted to several of such companies always recommends them as from his point of view they are the best at looking after customer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back