Lots of questions about taking a dog to Bavaria. (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2016
Donny
Funster No
MH
Toyota convertion
Exp
Since 2018
Hoping I’ve posted in the right bit I’ve been looking on the forum but non specific enough.

We used to travel to Europe about twice a year before lock down but haven’t been since. Feeling a bit apprehensive but excited to revisit places and have a swim.

We are wanting to go to Bavaria, getting the tunnel as now have a dog.
1) How often do people stop when they have a dog on board?
2) Is it easy to find places - aires and stellplatz where she and I could have walk - around nature?
3) Am I right in thinking if she’s had a chip, has now had all her vaccinations and rabies she can get a AHC ( probably in Folkstone) and a worning when returning.
4) How is she allowed to travel?
Is on a bench seat between the driver and the passenger fasted in with a harness to the seatbelt okay?

And that’s just a few of them 😂 if you’ve got this far I appreciate it!!!
My mind is full.
Thank you

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Wouldn't it be nice if they would get the PP passport regs sorted once and for all. It's weird that some vets are happy to dish them out in a different country and yet we have UK vets charging more than £250 for a one off AHC. What a minefield.

Upvote 0

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Treat your dog sometimes when he/she comes into the van, to get them to want to come back. Easy with a dog in Germany, but the restaurants aren't quite as accepting of allowing dogs like France.

Ours sits in the footwell between us, she'll sit for hours in the van even at home in the hope we are going to take her somewhere nice! She absolutely loves travelling!

She eats raw food which we keep in the freezer, never had a problem at the border. Christian is a character!! He'll need some sort of German address for the passport, have you got a German friends address? If not, just use anywhere as Christian says - I cannot be expected to check the address!

Enjoy your travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

SWW

Oct 12, 2010
Funster No
Couple of additional points. There are a lot of ticks in parts of Bavaria and they can transmit some nasties. Our dog has Bravecto. The Germans can also be a bit funny about dogs off leads.
Bavaria is beautiful. We loosely followed the Alpine Road. The beer is fabulous.
Just got back from Germany and we have been picking off ticks during the stay. Glad that he had Bravecto.

Upvote 0

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
I'd also recommend using Komoot app or similar to have access to the footpaths abroad. Komoot is just a tenner or so for a life subscription

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Just a reminder to everyone who ever lets their dog sit on their knee-don't risk it if you have a passenger seat airbag, it'll kill the dog if it goes off. We had a car accident where the airbag went off, we were so grateful that on that occasion I didn't have my daughter's poodle on my knee like I sometimes do-the airbag on the drivers side fractured my husband's sternum (breastbone)-it would have killed the dog instantly. I was covered in bruises from the airbag-it did its job though, the car was written off, a nightmare.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back