Looking at 9048DF - a few questions :-) (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Noting that it seems hauntingly similar to a Hymer B544 (we used to own one) so I keep having to tell myself not to assume anything!

The one we are looking at seems a lovely van and generally well constructed.

The one thing which doesn't look so good is the door and drawer catches.
One catch is missing, others don't seem robust (push and click variety).
Is this a known issue or has the van been previously owned by someone heavy handed?

For the kitchen drawers, there is a knob which moves a locking bar (much like in a filing cabinet) so you slide the drawer fully closed then drop the bar behind the little metal bracket to stop the drawer opening.
The large drawer won't close with the locking bar up - seems to be catching on the bracket.
Small drawer is fine.

Generally, are these known problems?

What other known problems should we look out for?

Obviously the dealer will service the MH prior to hand over (assuming we do the deal) but it would be good to know what else to check.

Oh, and the grey water drain (as far as I can tell) is just behind the near side rear wheel.
However it is a short stub of a pipe well out of reach without a crawling board.
In the Hymer we had an extension hose which fitted over the outlet and could then have the other end in a grid.
With the Rapido 9048DF do you just park over a grid and hope?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Push and click locker catches are cheap and simple to replace. Our Rapido Van uses them. Have had one fail so far but not a big deal. Edit - they come in 2 sizes so get the right one.

If the grey water dump valve is like ours, we use a drive-over grid and pull the handle at the nearside to open. Have not bothered with an extension hose.

OP
OP
L
Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Just checked previous MOTs and found:
"projected beam image is obviously incorrect"
for both headlights.

This can be caused by setting the headlights to LHD.
I remember being able to do this on my Hymer B544 2002.
Can you rotate the headlights between RHD and LHD on the 9048DF?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi we have a 2016 9048df and its the best van we have ever had.
You can change the beams via a screw on the fitting but I have not done so.
The dump valve is located under the floor near bathroom door so we normaly put an extension pipe and run straight into a drain or a bucket if no drive over drain available, as for the other items I would think they just need adjusting
Gary

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I Have an 8094 DF and the cupboard catches are th epush type. WELL more like slam type you hve to give them a good shove.
I try and do it gently if close to another van as you can hear ot seem like slamming from out side, and Ive trapped my finger a coupe of times tryng to be courteous LOL
Apart from that I love the van.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
The catches on the overhead lockers can be adjusted, but if you pull down on the handle just before it closes they are much better to close, well i have found that anyway.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Oh, and the grey water drain (as far as I can tell) is just behind the near side rear wheel.
However it is a short stub of a pipe well out of reach without a crawling board.
In the Hymer we had an extension hose which fitted over the outlet and could then have the other end in a grid.
With the Rapido 9048DF do you just park over a grid and hope?
I made an extension for mine is fine if its a long drain type but there are a lot of smaller ones I've found. Works for me as I know if my rear wheel is just passed the drain I'm OK. Also made up a small extension as well.
I think colpaz do kit you can buy that would do the same. I just had some bits and pieces in the garage.
We have a 809odf

Attachments

• 20220228_143640.jpg
    20220228_143640.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220228_143740.jpg
    20220228_143740.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Oct 10, 2023
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9648DF
Exp
Since 2007
In the Hymer we had an extension hose which fitted over the outlet a
In ours (2012), we removed the whole pipe. because it was off centre - and most grill drains are central - it was always a faff. By removing the plumbing pipe, its now central and also smack in line with rear axle, so easy to have a good guess at positioning without all that back/forward waving nonsense that we used to have. Never seen the need for a bucket or anything because we only do one or two days and move on... but if you had too, it would be very difficult now.

just spent a few days looking at upgrading to a different model, but cant find anything with the internal space like our 9048 (our Tardis) , so gonna do it up a little and give it another 10 years.

Has anyone done any nice upgrades to their interiors that i could nick ideas from ? Weve removed quite a few of the cushions from seats we never sit in.... apart from that , the lower underneath storage is a bit awkward, id like some sort of pull out shelves on runners so that I'm not having to kneel down to peer in...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back