BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Some good news for those of you visiting the area…….
There is a new motorhome parking area (aire) in the football club field at Lagos.
There is even a sign up indicating that it’s an ‘approved’ place!

Haven’t been in, but seen it from the road when passing by several times last week. All nice new gravel and fenced. No idea about any other details, but will have a closer look next time I’m there ( in U.K. for a week at the moment😉)

If you know the area, you’ll know where I mean, opposite the police station just off the N125 at the roundabout ( and opposite Pingo Doce supermarket.)
😎👍

( that ‘field’ had been off limits since covid)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
There has been an aire near the football for years or have they opened up something new??

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
This is the new aire, you can see the older original one at the top of the field, the new one is by the roundabout😉

Parking Autocaravanas

Seems sensible, up near the Police station.
I loved Lagos especially the fish market and a cafe in the old town that served traditional Portuguese dishes. (y)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
This is the new aire, you can see the older original one at the top of the field, the new one is by the roundabout😉

Parking Autocaravanas

If I’m reading the link correctly, it’s a tiny area, room for six vans, ten at a push? Or am I misreading it?

Ian

Edit: Having zoomed in I can see that you’d probably get a dozen vans in that area. Twelve is certainly better than no provision at all. So, all in all, great news.👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Any updates on the Aire as will be passing through next month.
There is no aire, it's closed!
If you want an overnight stop,it is possible to stay at the pingo doce,services are
at the BP Station along the road to Odexceira.l have just been reminded that it has been possible to stay overnight beside the Marine police office, apparently only 3 euros car park fee, ! As there are only 6 spaces at the Pingo, this might be a good alternative.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
There is no aire, it's closed!
If you want an overnight stop,it is possible to stay at the pingo doce,services are
at the BP Station along the road to Odexceira.l have just been reminded that it has been possible to stay overnight beside the Marine police office, apparently only 3 euros car park fee, ! As there are only 6 spaces at the Pingo, this might be a good alternative.
Good luck.

A few years ago, the car-park near the Marine Police office is where I stayed a couple of nights.
Over Christmas you could park there for free?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Definitely closed, I’ve been passing for the past 2 weeks and not a single van has been parked there, and a max of 6 vans at the entrance (opposite the police station) but they haven’t been the same 6 so I think either move or be moved on by the police if seen to be there for days/weeks on end. I’ll be here until March so can report if anything changes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back